Re: Sims 4 Problems

by Kittyroadkill

Original Post

Sims 4 Problems

★ Novice

I recently got a new computer and I had Origin and The Sims 4 downloaded on my old one and they worked fine, but I haven't been able to get my new computer to work with The Sims 4 yet. I downloaded Origin and The Sims 4 on my new computer, and even though I'm logged into my Origin account it isn't recovering my Sims 4 account. How do I get all of my progress onto my new computer? I've been stressing over it for about 2 months and I've tried contacting you before but got no response. 

Thank you for your time, 

Laci

Message 1 of 8 (366 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Copy the Saves and tray folders from the old computer to the new one.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 8 (356 Views)

★ Novice

How do I do that? Can I just email them to myself and save them?

Message 3 of 8 (345 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Use an USB thumbdrive.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 4 of 8 (342 Views)

★ Novice

What exactly do I need to copy because I just copied the entire sims 4 file and it’s still not working?

Message 5 of 8 (337 Views)

Champion (Retired)

As I wrote you need to copy the Saves and Tray folders. Replacing the two that were created on your new computer when you installed the game there.

Message 6 of 8 (335 Views)

★ Novice

Apparently I don’t know where to find those 2 specific files. If you could direct me on where they are that would be great. 

Message 7 of 8 (332 Views)

★ Novice

Never mind I found them and it worked. Thank you so much!

Message 8 of 8 (327 Views)