Re: Sims 4 Pets bug--sims not listening

by crinrict

Original Post

Sims 4 Pets bug--sims not listening

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Just the pets expansion.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I'm not sure? Play the game? lol I really don't know.
What happens when the bug occurs? My sims won't do any of the commands I give them. I tell one to eat and she just stands there. The little bubble pops up on the left hand side, but it doesn't slide down to have them do the command.
What do you expect to see? The bug fixed and I 'm able to command my sims correctly and they'll do the things I tell them to do. The game was fine before I installed the pets.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I know other people have this issue. I don't know if there is some outside way to fix this, but it's frustrating. I tell my sim to eat, she doesn't eat. Then the plumbob turns orange because they have to pee, I tell them to pee, she just stands there. This started after I installed the new expansion. I just had the base game before and it was fine. It's not my computer, but computer is a really good one, and I know this new expansion has caused issues to others. I'm just hoping there is an update soon so I can fully enjoy the pets. 

Message 1 of 4 (463 Views)

Hero

Hi @cborowski61

could you try right clicking on the game in Origin and hit repair game

If that doesn't help, do you only have the issue in old saves or also if you start a brand new one for testing purposes ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (450 Views)

Hero

Hi @cborowski61

did you have any luck with this ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 4 (425 Views)

Hero

Moving this to tech issues for further troubleshooting and info

@cborowski61

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 4 (402 Views)