Sims 4 Pets - Error Code 123

by ttallie

Original Post

Re: Sims 4 Pets - Error Code 123

★★★ Novice
I downloaded the 'Mod Conflict Detector' and I honestly thought it would find the mod that was causing the issue. So I removed the mods it told me was causing conflict in my game and nope, the exact same error code you're experiencing was still popping up.
I had to remove all my mods and slowly add them back into my game, groups of 20. Adding them in, loading the game, no error code popping up, exit game, add 20 more.. repeat. Remember, it could possibly be a couple of mods so I made sure I was doing it in very small groups. Sure it's time consuming, but it's better than deleting all your mods or worse resetting your whole game.
Half way through removing my mods and re-adding them I came across the error again so I knew in that group of 20 that I had just added that the issue was amongst of those mods. I narrowed it down to my 'Aging Mod'.

The new patch has caused this, so a lot of mods have become outdated. Google 'mods not working with new Sims 4 update' and there should be someone with a list of all the outdated mods and their updates (If I had seen this I wouldn't have spent 9 hours playing with my mods) as the 'Aging mod' I had which was outdated was in that list. If you see a mod you have which is outdated with the new patch then remove it and try starting your game up again. If the error is still occurring then it's probably just a broken mod which has corrupted with the update causing the error code so you will have to have the patience to slowly go through your mods.

Hope this helps
Message 11 of 30 (1,806 Views)

★★★ Novice
@crinrict
Did you take a look at my previous post? I started another error I had been experiencing in my game and was wondering if you had any idea what might be causing it?

Thank you
Message 12 of 30 (1,790 Views)

Hero

I thought you figured out which mod was causing it ?

Just remove the mod and check if it was outdated.

You need to remove all outdated mods (or update) 

The mod conflict detector only detects conflicts among mods, not with the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 30 (1,776 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice
I told you I was receiving a glitch in my game which I don't think is being caused by a mod because it has known to be common even without mods being in the game. I know that, thats the exact advice I just gave to somebody else. Im talking about another glitch in my game which is occurring without any mods whatsoever and I didnt know if you would have any idea to what could be causing it? My sim keeps glitching into a T pose before they go to eat, so they aren't even eating now. Any suggestions?
Thanks
Message 14 of 30 (1,770 Views)

Hero

I hope someone else can help you further with this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 15 of 30 (1,759 Views)

Hi @ttallie,

Are you Sims eating on a custom content table, chair, counter or furniture?

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

No trabajo para EA, solo soy un jugador tratando de ayudar a otros jugadores. No respondo mensajes privados, Permite que otros puedan beneficiarse de la información.

I don't work for EA, I'm just a player like you, trying to help other players. I do not reply private messages.

Message 16 of 30 (1,756 Views)

★★★ Novice
Thank you for your response.
My sims won't even sit down Frown They literally take food out the fridge and then they glitch into the T pose and the food ends up on the floor.

I have no idea what's causing this, I've seen a few posts which are similar to what im experiencing but nobody has been able to find a solution, yet.

Thank you
Message 17 of 30 (1,732 Views)

@ttallie,

Okay, is the fridge custom content or is it included with the base game or one of the expansion/game/stuff packs.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

No trabajo para EA, solo soy un jugador tratando de ayudar a otros jugadores. No respondo mensajes privados, Permite que otros puedan beneficiarse de la información.

I don't work for EA, I'm just a player like you, trying to help other players. I do not reply private messages.

Message 18 of 30 (1,712 Views)

★★★ Novice
The fridge is just base game not custom content. I've tried a different family and they are all doing the same thing Frown I can't even play my game now this is just so frustrating. Sorry im probably being an absolute pain
Message 19 of 30 (1,693 Views)

★★★ Newbie
My game has been acting strange since I downloaded pets also most of my cc isn’t working which worked before and I can’t even wash my dogs and I can only choose a few options that actually work with my animals my sim can’t eat food either and I’ve tried everything I’ve disabled my cc and I don’t have scripted mods I’ve restarted my game I’ve tried everything and everything worked fine until I got pets!!!!
Message 20 of 30 (1,666 Views)