Re: Sims 4 PLAY button won't highlite

by GoAskAmelia

Original Post

★★★ Newbie
I unhided the files but I can't find them I went to the origin folders and I couldn't click on the orgin folders this is all really confusing PLZ tell me where to find the folders!!!
Message 41 of 86 (1,595 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I deleted the first one, but I cant find the last two. I already un-hid every thing but I cant find it and I already deleted the first one.

Message 42 of 86 (1,543 Views)

★★★ Newbie
It's a bit late, but using the origin menu to close the program worked for me. Apparently it thought I was playing sims4 already, even though only origin showed up in task manager. Exiting popped up a "do you still want to exit even though sims 4 is running?" (Paraphrased) box I clicked yes then reopened origin and the play button was rehighlighted
Message 43 of 86 (1,518 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Try this - worked for me...

1. First you need to uninstall Origin client manually from your PC using given link.
http://help.ea.com/in/article/manually-uninstalling-origin/

2. After that you need to remove temporary files from your PC using given link.
http://help.ea.com/in/article/clearing-your-temporary-files/  

Message 44 of 86 (1,516 Views)

★ Novice

Same omg!! I honestly, thought it would be fixed since some of these comments saying it worked for them. But nah -.- . I been playing sims 3 but i miss the sims 4. And i payed tons of money 

Message 45 of 86 (1,513 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

The game has worked since launch with no problems for me till  last night. Now I get 

"Unable to start: The SIms4 is already running. [ed35e0ea:29f00e76:00000000:18a1dd51] each time I try to play The Sims 4. My other games work just fine (e.g. Dragon Age, Titanfall, etc.). The Sims 4 just does not work. WTF?

• I have uninstalled and reinstalled Orgin 3 times now (and deleted the hidden files) - no good. 
  • I have uninstalled and reinstalled The Sims 4 twice now - no good.
  • I have repaired my game numerous times - no good

Anyone else have any ideas how to get The Sims 4 to work? EA Help has not been helpful at all.

UPDATE:

The solution below WORKED! Thanks!!  

Game is already running message (credits to @pekesims)

1. Find the "Electronic Arts" folder inside "Documents".
  2. Right click on it and choose "Properties".
  3. In the new window, select the "Sharing", and a few lines below, press the "Sharing..." button.
  4. It will open a new window. There's a drop-down list. Choose "Everyone" and then Add.
  5. Everyone will be added to the list below. Choose "Read/write" in the permission level for everyone.
  6. Save the changes.
  7. Open Origin, log in, and try to launch your game again.
Message 46 of 86 (1,474 Views)

★ Novice

I have the same problem but I'm using Mac.

Message 47 of 86 (1,434 Views)

★ Novice

I have the same problem but I'm using Mac. Help me pls

Message 48 of 86 (1,434 Views)

★ Novice

I know this reply is way late but I'm on a mac running El Capitan, and finding files is different on a mac than other computers. Plus, I haven't opened TS4 yet.

Message 49 of 86 (1,377 Views)

★ Novice

Never mind. I tried reinstalling Origin and when that didn't work I just carried on and then I just repaired the game and now it works.

Message 50 of 86 (1,374 Views)