Re: Sims 4 PLAY button won't highlite

by mahcoi

Original Post

★★★ Newbie
For some reason for 6 days straight, the sims 4 on Origin would not highlight the play button. I don't know what to do please can someone please help me
Message 31 of 86 (2,507 Views)

★★★ Newbie

If I were to delete the files to have sims 4 working again

would it delete all my data ( the families and houses i've created?) 

Message 32 of 86 (2,375 Views)

★ Novice

I went to the link and did what they said but I already had show hidden files checked, any other suggestions? Confusedmileyindifferent:

Message 33 of 86 (2,238 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

It's June 2015, obviously 9 months after the original post; and obviously this glitch is still an issue...so my son begged me to get this game, it took forever to download, then i had to upgrade my MAC OS for compatibility uhhhg, another few hours.  On day two and now the play button will not highlight.  This is why a stopped buying freaking games, gonna return this thing and get my son something that works off the internet.

Tip...don't associate your product with an origin account that's the problem, what happened to the old fashioned days when i can just download software on my computer and click the app and it opens.  I don't need a third party origin program creating an added layer of complexity and frustration....is that going to make me do like in app purchases, i don't think so...to many compatability problems.  Put this thing in the apple app store...or dissociate your origin from the software. 

Frustrated Parent...out of $59 bucks.... ugggh

Message 34 of 86 (2,173 Views)

★★★ Novice

It didn't work for me either! This is why I hate origin and all its stupid rules....

Message 35 of 86 (2,151 Views)

★★★ Novice

I found the problem.Each time I delete them and click on Origin I have to click this agreement with it and I search and the caches are back again.Is there a way to stop this?

Message 36 of 86 (2,151 Views)

Hero

Caches recreate but they should do so in the correct state. You delete them cause they have some bad infos saved in them.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 37 of 86 (2,143 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

For anyone that this solution didn't work for (like me) i found another way that worked for me.

Go to your Origin folder

Go into a folder called " LocalContent " 

Take your Sims 4 folder and move it to you desktop so Origin knows that its there.

Origin makes you update your game but it only takes a a few minutes.  

After that it should be able to play. 

Hope it helped. Confusedmileyvery-happy:

Message 38 of 86 (2,132 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi,

I have had Sims 3 for quite a while and just recently it has just stopped working! I have never experienced this problem until now, and it is really frustrating me! I am not the best with technology but forgive me if I sound completely dumb but how do you open the origin folder? I am really confused with all this! I wish Sims did not have to join with origin as origin is the only one causing the problem! Please help soon!

ThankyouConfusedmileyindifferent:

Message 39 of 86 (2,094 Views)

Hero

This is the Sims 4 section. If you have troubles with Sims 3, please post here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/bd-p/the-sims-3

Is it your play button as well or do you have a different issue ? Did you try all the suggestions in this thread ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 40 of 86 (2,092 Views)