Re: Sims 4 PLAY button won't highlite

by crinrict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 PLAY button won't highlite

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

I installed the Deluxe game last night, only took me 7 1/2 hours, but I finally did get to play for one hour. So after playing I shut my PC down. This morning I turn my PC back on and now the PLAY button for the Sims 4 won't highlite (in the My Games section of Origins).

I am connected to the Interenet, Origins is connected and showing me as "online". I did not get any error messages. I never installed or used the demo. I have one other game in the Installed Games section of my Origins Library and it's PLAY button does highlite.

What now?

Message 1 of 86 (121,291 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★ Apprentice

Try Clearing out the origin cache 

1. Ensure Origin is fully closed by clicking the Origin Menu and selecting Exit.
  2. Delete the following folders:
  • Origin folder - Found in C:\ProgramData\
  • Origin folder - Found in C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\ 
  • Origin folder - Found in C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Roaming\
  • Note: These folders are hidden by default, and the player will need to un-hide to be able to locate them.

to unhide folders:

-type folder options in the search field in the start menu

-click on the view tab 

-under the hidden folders options click show hidden files, folders, and drives- apply the setting and click ok 

View in thread

Message 8 of 86 (139,456 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Where in the world are you ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 86 (121,008 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Texas

Message 3 of 86 (121,006 Views)

Hero

Try reinstalling Origin

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 86 (120,999 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

I reinstalled Origin and it had no effect, same problem, the PLAY button does not highlite. I really appreciate your help, any other ideas?

Should I mention that I'm using Vista?

Message 5 of 86 (120,992 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I want to add that when I double click the TS4.exe file, nothing happens.

I was able to play the game early this morning, but after I shut the game down and my PC and started both back up later today is when it would no longer launch. So I know the game works on my PC. It just won't let me launch it now. My best guess is that something happen when I booted my PC up, something got changed.

Any clues? Oh please help me...Confusedmileysad:

Also, is there a phone number to call EA and get help or an email address? Their help program isn't working on my PC, just sits ansd spins...

Message 6 of 86 (120,988 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I cant help u with the problem, but i just wrote with the Customer Support in live chat and they could really help me.

http://help.ea.com/en/

There u go, good luck with your issues!

Message 7 of 86 (120,978 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Try Clearing out the origin cache 

1. Ensure Origin is fully closed by clicking the Origin Menu and selecting Exit.
  2. Delete the following folders:
  • Origin folder - Found in C:\ProgramData\
  • Origin folder - Found in C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\ 
  • Origin folder - Found in C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Roaming\
  • Note: These folders are hidden by default, and the player will need to un-hide to be able to locate them.

to unhide folders:

-type folder options in the search field in the start menu

-click on the view tab 

-under the hidden folders options click show hidden files, folders, and drives- apply the setting and click ok 

Message 8 of 86 (139,457 Views)

★★ Apprentice

After clearing the Origins cache, my game starts and runs just fine!  Thank you!!!!!!!!!

Message 9 of 86 (120,954 Views)

★★★ Novice
This doesnt work for me it just makes me re install the sims 4 n origin.... I followed your directions and they arent working at this rate ill just return this stupid game and play the sims 3 sure that has issues but atleast it runs
Message 10 of 86 (120,783 Views)