Re: Sims 4 PLAY button grayed out

by runnerjoe17

Original Post

Sims 4 PLAY button grayed out

★★★ Novice

I was playing the sims 4 today, when suddenly the game crashed. At the exact same time Origin told me some update was available, but wouldn't let me update it, and now the "play" button is grayed out.

I tried uninstalling and re-installing origin, I deleted the cache files as told in another answer, and rebooting my computer, but it still won't work.

What is going on?

Thank you

Message 1 of 7 (577 Views)

★ Novice

ive been playing for a few days, just updated the game, and am experiencing the same issue. 

Message 2 of 7 (567 Views)

Hero

Click Repair on the origin client (on the game) or try clearing your Origin cache: http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/delete-origin-cache-files/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 7 (548 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I don't see repair as an option. Where would I be clicking to see this come up as an option? 

Message 4 of 7 (524 Views)

Hero (Retired)

in your orign my games tab

Message 5 of 7 (516 Views)

★★★ Newbie

That's what I figured. That isn't an option on that list. It just isn't there. Frown 

@rumbutter wrote:

in your orign my games tab

Message 6 of 7 (509 Views)

Hero

Did you try the second suggestion to clear the Origin cache ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 7 (504 Views)