Re: Sims 4- PC shuts completely off after a few minutes of gameplay

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Sims 4- PC shuts completely off after a few minutes of gameplay

★★★ Newbie

I’ll start off by saying I haven’t played the game in years. I installed it and it wouldn’t let me play with out shutting off. I have reinstalled windows and completely reset the PC in order to try and fix this but it hasn’t been fixed. Like I said, I reinstalled windows, redownloaded EA App and Sims 4, checked my temps, made sure it wasnt blocked by my firewall, and pretty much every thing I’ve read on the internet lol. There’s no error code to go off of because the game works fine but then it just shuts completely down. It’s so frustrating as this is the only game this happens with and I play a lot more demanding games.

Message 1 of 4 (439 Views)

@SealNealMcBeal  When you say you checked your temps, did you check CPU and GPU temps?  If not, please do so now; you can use a tool like hwinfo (the free version is fine) to view that and a lot more.

And when you say your computer shuts off, does it restart or just stay off?  A restart would indicate a likely issue with the power supply, and that issue would also not cause any Windows errors.  A shutdown with no restart is more likely temperature-related, but it can have other causes as well.

On that note, if you're comfortable opening your computer case and having a look around, please check all the power cables on both ends to make sure everything's securely fastened.  Please also look at your power supply's fan—if it's excessively dusty, blow it out with compressed air.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 4 (431 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I’ve checked both GPU and CPU temps and they seemed normal. Also, the PC shuts off and stays off. It does not restart. It’s important to note that all drivers are updated and I an above the minimum specs as well. I can post exact temps tomorrow when I an back on the PC but I’m on mobile currently.

Message 3 of 4 (417 Views)

@SealNealMcBeal  Since this is a shutdown, I'd rather see an entire hwinfo log so I can check not only the temps but everything else hardware monitoring would reveal.  (It doesn't show software use, just the data from sensors on the computer's components.)  Download hwinfo from here:

https://www.hwinfo.com/download/

You don't need to install anything; just choose the portable version, unzip it in Downloads or wherever, and launch it from there.  (If you do want to install it, be sure to click the button for hwinfo itself, not for lansweeper.)  Restart your computer, open hwinfo, click the button that's a sheet of paper with a + on it to start logging, and wait five minutes before launching the game.  Please keep track of and let me know how long you play before the shutdown—the log should be intact up to that point, but if it's not, that's also useful information.

Upload the log to a free filesharing site (Google Drive, Dropbox, etc.) and link it here.  Please leave it in .csv format unless you plan to upload it to OneDrive, in which case create a .zip file.

I'd also like to see a dxdiag on this computer.  You can attch one to a post rather than needing to upload it to a third-party site.

https://help.ea.com/en/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 4 (387 Views)