Re: Sims 4 PC help

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Sims 4 PC help

★★★ Newbie

Hi there, game has stopped working I am getting an error message from EA saying that that an error has occurred "we are unable to connect to the EA servers to activate Sims 4 on this computer" A week ago everything was working fine?

Message 1 of 4 (311 Views)

@sclay6712  That error essentially means what it says, that Origin is trying and failing to validate the game on your account.  Normally this happens when someone is signed into an account that doesn't have the game on it, so please double-check that you're using the correct account.  (You can check your Origin game library and look through your purchase history.)  The error also happens when someone hasn't signed into Origin while in online mode in a while, because I guess Origin is trying to force a new connection.

However, your dxdiag has a number of errors related to Comodo antivirus.  It's possible Comodo is blocking your connection to Origin and causing the error.  Please disable it temporarily, just long enough to test.  If that works, you can set exceptions for Origin.exe, TS4.exe, and TS4_x64.exe.

The drive for your Nvidia graphics card was also crashing the last time you played.  It looks like HP offers a newer driver for the card here:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-elitedesk-800-g1-small-form-factor-pc/5387475

(You might need to manually select your operating system to see the list.)  Or you can download one directly from Nvidia here:

https://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

Is there a reason you were running the Legacy Edition of Sims 4?  I'm not as familiar with NVS GPUs, but I would expect yours to support 64-bit gaming, and of course the rest of your computer does.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 4 (279 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Wow amazing response thank you! All of that makes sense, my daughter plays, she may have logged in with another account. She also downloaded the other version when the original didn’t work. Thanks I will try your suggestions. 

Message 3 of 4 (254 Views)

@sclay6712  Is your game working now?  Let me know if you need any more help.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 4 (181 Views)