Re: Sims 4 Out of range

by EA_Kent

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 Out of range

★★★ Newbie

hi i wanted to know of there was anyway to change the ingame resolution without booting up the game as i know i have an old monitor and i do not currently have the money to buy a new one. i know my ingame resolution is too high as when i load up the game my monitor goes black with a box saying signal out of range. bare in mind i havent yet been able to play the game due to thi and when i go to properties and change it to run in 640x240 resolution this doesnt work either can somene help me please thanks much appreciated

Message 1 of 8 (20,035 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★ Novice

Hola ... Creo que esta es una posible solución ... Presione ALT + ENTER que pondrá Juego Modo de la ventana y creo que lo hará asi ...

View in thread

Message 3 of 8 (21,998 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Try starting the game in Windowed mode as per these instructions:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/How-to-start-The-Sims-4-in-Windowed-mode/m-p/3447611#U3447611

barry.png
Message 2 of 8 (20,028 Views)

★★ Novice

Hola ... Creo que esta es una posible solución ... Presione ALT + ENTER que pondrá Juego Modo de la ventana y creo que lo hará asi ...

Message 3 of 8 (21,999 Views)

[ Edited ]

Translation of @Joseph-M-Forever 's post:

Hi... I think this is a possible solution... Press Alt + Enter and the game will go to fullscreen mode and I think that will do.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

No trabajo para EA, solo soy un jugador tratando de ayudar a otros jugadores. No respondo mensajes privados, Permite que otros puedan beneficiarse de la información.

I don't work for EA, I'm just a player like you, trying to help other players. I do not reply private messages.

Message 4 of 8 (18,964 Views)

★★★ Expert

If none of the above has worked for you navigate to Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4. Locate the file called Options. First copy the file to a safe location, so you have a backup copy of the original. Now right click that file and open it with Notepad.

Look for the lines

resolutionheight = [number]

resolutionwidth = [number]

Change those two to the correct resolution for your monitor.

If you need to get the game in Windowed mode, find the line that says

fullscreen = 1

change the 1 to a 0 (zero)

Save the file, try the game again. If it fails, you still have the copy of the original file you made, so you can try different settings in the one you just edited.

Message 5 of 8 (18,952 Views)

★★★ Newbie
thank you/gracias this works press ALT+ENTER
Message 6 of 8 (17,217 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you a put mine to high and was freaking out

Message 7 of 8 (7,042 Views)

Community Manager

Hi everyone, 

This is a rather old thread that hasn't been updated in several years, so I went ahead and locked it to prevent further necro-posting. 

If you are having trouble with an issue like this, and the steps recommended above aren't helping, please create a new thread and we'll take a look. Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 8 of 8 (7,021 Views)