Re: Sims 4 Origin can't go online can't login (I tried everything!)

by Miara888

Original Post

Sims 4 Origin can't go online can't login (I tried everything!)

★★★ Novice

Hi, since 2 days I can't go online on the sims. I tried following some guidelines and deleted all cache-files for Origin. Now I can no longer even log in to Origin and play the sims - it says I "Origin can't to online" and that I have to be online to log in - a problem that I see many people having but I can't solve it. I tried resetting time and date, and I tried allowing the sims for my anti-virus program, Avast. Nothing is working, and now it has only gotten worse Frown Can anyone help? 

Message 1 of 7 (480 Views)

★★★ Novice

My proxy server is unticked as well, but I'm currently accesing the internet from an internet USB - I don't know it that makes a difference. Also I've recently moved from one country to another, I don't know whether that could be a problem.

Message 2 of 7 (466 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@Miara888

Are you on PC or Mac?
If on PC:
Uninstall Origin using the Revo - free version
https://www.revouninstaller.com/revo-uninstaller-free-download/
and download from here
http://origin.com/download
If you are on Mac - 

have a look here 

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/MAC-We-re-Sorry-an-error-has-occurred-Unnable-to-conne...

I don't work for EA

Message 3 of 7 (454 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thanks for the suggestion,

I already tried uninstalling Origin and re-installing it from the origin website.

I didn't remove all traces and folders of Origin though as I'm worried it would mess with the game I'm playing on Origin.

I'm not interested in buying a removal-program as you suggested, but thanks for the idea. Does anyone have other suggestions?

Message 4 of 7 (444 Views)

★★★ Novice

I am on a PC

Message 5 of 7 (441 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@Miara888

Uninstalling with Revo will remove all traces of Origin from your computer.
Revo is a free program - you will not pay for it.

Another you have to use CCleaner to clean your computer registry and it is riskier.
Origin works like for example Gmail. If you have an account on the Gmail, uninstalling Gmail will have nothing to do with your account and e-mail address. You can install Origin on another computer and you will have still access to your Origin account and your games. More - you can install these games from your account on Origin on this second computer also.
This traces of Origin must be removed before you will install Origin again

Message 6 of 7 (437 Views)

★★★ Novice

It turned out to be a problem with the new Origin update. I called EA, and they guided me to uninstall the new version of Origin, clean with CC cleaner and install the previous version of Origin. It finally works! And they told me the new version of Origin creates problems for a lot of people.

Message 7 of 7 (411 Views)