Sims 4, Origin and now the Origin installer won't open

by SailorFini

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4, Origin and now the Origin installer won't open

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

(I'm using Windows 10) I've been playing the Sims 4 since 2015 and this is the first this has happened to me. I was able to click on both TS4 and Origin and the blue loading icon would appear, but then nothing would happen and nothing would launch. I googled the issue and found that re-installing Origin might help since I coudn't find the files needed, but now I can't open the Origin installer. Help!

Edit: Using run as administrator does not work.

Message 1 of 7 (464 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 4, Origin and now the Origin installer won't open

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Problem solved, don't know why it is, but it is.

View in thread

Message 6 of 7 (412 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

Please uninstall Origin. Then download the latest version here: https://www.origin.com/dnk/en-us/store/download
After installation login to the account you have The Sims 4 on. Rightclick the game in your game library and select Repair.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 7 (453 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm unable to launch the Origin Set Up program. All it does is seem to launch an Origin that appears in the task manager that I'm unable to open.

Message 3 of 7 (444 Views)

★★ Novice

After a proper re installation I am still unable to open Origin (or TS4) and I'm back to square one :/

Message 4 of 7 (435 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Please post a DxDiag. https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/
You can attach the txt file directly to your answer.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 5 of 7 (431 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Problem solved, don't know why it is, but it is.

Message 6 of 7 (413 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Thanks for reporting back that you got it fixed.

Message 7 of 7 (396 Views)