Sims 4 Origin File Error

by LugiaDrache

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 Origin File Error

★★ Novice

Hello,

recently out of nowhere my origin decided to ignore the game file in its folder and tried to redownload it. I stopped the download and tried to use the option 'find game'.

After a while it was done. My Sims folder is full of new folders like SP01 , GP01, EP01 and a delta folder with all those files again. I have no clue why. The game just crashed all over the place before even getting to the main menu, so i redownloaded it.

Now i have two Sims files, one being in german (Die Sims 4)  the other in english (The Sims 4, also the main folder which existed before) and i have no clue. My game was in german despite the folder being in english. This reset all my progress though.

I cannot start the game if one of the two folders is missing.

-If i start it through origin it somewhat works but is very buggy and weird, plus my progress is gone.

-if i start it through my main folder with the secondary folder being gone, it crashes and creates the empty secondary folder (Die Sims4) again.

-if i start it through the secondary file, well, it doesnt have a TE4.exe so i cant. 

Its so weird seeing two folders and only one really works but it crashes without the other.

Is there a way to play the game normally without having to navigate around those folders?

I apologize for not being able to word this more efficiently, i have no clue how this happened.

I'll add screenshots of the two folders in case what i said is too confusing.

Message 1 of 2 (1,521 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 4 Origin File Error

Champion (Retired)

One (The Sims 4) is your Game files the mentioned subfolders contain expansions that you bought. The other (Die sims 4) is your user files that contains your saves among other things as you discovered the game will recreate it if it is deleted. Since you chose to delete it all your saves, households and buildings you created are gone. Do not run TS4.exe but start through Origin.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (1,507 Views)

All Replies

Re: Sims 4 Origin File Error

Champion (Retired)

One (The Sims 4) is your Game files the mentioned subfolders contain expansions that you bought. The other (Die sims 4) is your user files that contains your saves among other things as you discovered the game will recreate it if it is deleted. Since you chose to delete it all your saves, households and buildings you created are gone. Do not run TS4.exe but start through Origin.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 2 (1,508 Views)