Re: Sims 4 Notification Wall Graphic Glitch

by TheElizaPancakes

Original Post

Sims 4 Notification Wall Graphic Glitch

★ Novice

Hi, ever since downloading the most recent update I have been having an odd graphical glitch. For things such as the cheat bar, the notification wall, and the in game loading symbol are replaced with a different texture. One time it fixed by running the "Repair" on Origin, but now I have tried it multiple times and nothing has changed. I will attach photos below. Thanks!

Message 1 of 16 (5,172 Views)

@Jacey24  I've moved your post to the Sims 4 tech section.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 16 (5,152 Views)

Champion

@Jacey24 Please re-try running a game repair in the following manner. If you do not have mods or cc then just do the rest of the steps. If you used to ever have mods or cc that you removed, still follow all steps so that the mods folder gets entirely re-created:

Please try the following:

• If you have mods or CC, please copy the Mods folder from your 'The Sims 4' folder to your desktop (for future reference) then delete the mods folder and the localthumbnailcache.package file in your 'The Sims 4' folder and restart the game and so that the game will re-create the folder.
  • Then run a game repair [ Open Origin, click 'Game Library' then right-click Sims 4 > Repair Game ]. After that, please see if the issue has stopped. 
    (If It fixes the situation you can re-add your mods/cc one at a time to see if one was conflicting with the function/causing the glitch - but do not re-add the old config file from the old mods folder, as it is possible for it to have become corrupted also.)

Let us know how it goes.

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 3 of 16 (5,144 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I had the same problem!!

I backed up my cc and save files and am currently reinstalling the game I hope it works it was quite annoying!

Message 4 of 16 (5,107 Views)

Hero

@Jacey24  and @SheriGR 

Are you guys on a mac ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 16 (5,095 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@crinrict  Yes, I am on a Mac (I have no ccc or mods). I do not have the issue, though. @TheElizaPancakes , are you on Mac or PC?

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 6 of 16 (5,083 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Mac Frown

Message 7 of 16 (5,015 Views)

@TheElizaPancakes 

Thanks for confirming you are on a Mac. We have a thread for this issue in the Mac forum and it would really help if you could please provide more information about your Mac - https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/April-update-game-glitches/m-p/7801280#M17105

Instructions on how and what to provide here - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/4612...

Please also click the Me Too button in the opening post Standard smile

@Jacey24 

It would really help you and us if you confirmed whether you are on Mac or PC please.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 8 of 16 (4,991 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hello again! After removing my mods folder and the .package file it worked again. Reinstalling the game did nothing, so thank you so much!!

Message 9 of 16 (4,945 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Nevermind, the glitch came back after repairing the game...
Message 10 of 16 (4,944 Views)