Re: Sims 4 Not Opening

by jamieridler

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

Hello,

From what I understand, your game attempts to launch (showing the windows loading icon as the cursor) then shuts down with an error.

This could be caused by having the wrong version of Visual C++ installed, the game depends on this to run correctly.

This will not be the issue on Windows 8/8.1.

If you run Windows 7 or below, please try installing this:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40784

If you run Windows 8/8.1

This was mentioned in this developer post:

http://help.ea.com/en/article/missing-msvcp120-dll-at-the-sims-4-startup/

Please also read that and see if it can solve your issues.

For some people unable to start the game, your graphics drivers may be outdated. Outdated graphics drivers can and do cause games to not start.

Hope this helps!

Message 11 of 24 (4,482 Views)

★ Guide

That article mentions people getting an error that the file is missing, whereas many of us are getting no errors of any kind. Besides, I have redownloaded and installed C++ four times and it makes no difference what so ever.

Message 12 of 24 (4,480 Views)

★ Guide

If I uninstall C++ then I start getting an error message that the .dll is missing but when I reinstall C++ I'm back to having no errors at all.

Message 13 of 24 (4,477 Views)

★★★ Novice

I've tried multiple fixes and they dont work. in ea help chat he said "speak to microsoft this exeeds our help your profile is corrupted" im pissed off I cant even get a refund on this **bleep**. FIX THIS EA WTF???? where is the love you used to put in your game.  EA IS NOTHING BUT DONALD TRUMP

Message 14 of 24 (4,344 Views)

★★★ Novice

I dont want a refund. I just wanna sims it up :`( please fix ea I love you

Message 15 of 24 (4,352 Views)

★★★ Novice

I am not sure that youre still encountering this problem. However, I just encountered the exact same thing and was unable to play for two days. I uninstalled origin and reinstalled it, still nothing. I then opened Origin and logged in, i went to MY GAMES and there was an UNFINISHED DOWNLOAD for the Sims4. I finished the download and the game worked perfectly like before. Not sure if this is your issue too, but I hope your able to figure it out, or have already figured it out. Happy Simming. Standard smile

Message 16 of 24 (4,150 Views)

★★★ Newbie
THIS WORKS Standard smile thank you
Message 17 of 24 (4,111 Views)

★ Novice

Hey sirassassin3,

I had the EXACT same problem, and right when I was gonna reinstall the entire game, I ended up 'exiting' origin and then I opened TS4 just to try it, but suprisingly it actually opened and right now im playing on it !

how to completely exit origin:

Right click on the small origin logo in your bottom right corner near the time, or click on the arrow that points upwards and it can be in that little window too.

Then a window of options will appear and then at the very bottom is a button named "exit" so.. obviously you'll click it and then it will close down origin completely and then you can click on the origin app again, and play sims 4 Standard smile it worked for me, and now im playing it like nothing happened.

but if this doesnt work, then backup your files, and either reinstall your game or put it back to factory settings.

Hope this helped !:cathappy:

Message 18 of 24 (4,090 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

what if game options is grayed out?

Message 19 of 24 (3,832 Views)

★ Novice

Same! It's so annoying that i payed money to play a game that won't LET me play!

Message 20 of 24 (3,712 Views)