Re: Sims 4 Not Opening

by Uriko15

Original Post

★★★★★ Newbie

Hi there! I tried your advice and found it very useful as my game did launch after I removed the mods folder. Thank you!

I would like to know if you can help me find which cc is causing a problem in my mods folder as I would like to keep most of them, and I played with the old cc and the game worked fine, but now I added new ones, and don't know anymore which ones to remove and the one I can keep.

Please if you know anyway on how to know which package file are causing the game to not open, I would appreciate.

Message 11 of 17 (225 Views)

@Uriko15  There's no shortcut to finding out which mods and custom content items are broken, unfortunately.  The fastest way to find a single bad file is the 50/50 method:

https://modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Finding_Problem_Custom_Content#The_50.25_Method

You may have more than one bad item though, so be sure to test everything at least once.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 12 of 17 (217 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

You confirmed the solution I was going to take next, but it's one that takes a lot of time if you have much cc already. Still I think I'll be able to make it. Thank you!

Message 13 of 17 (207 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I think the problem now is somewhere else... 

The game launches well, but when I try to play with my last saved household, the sends a Error Message, telling me to launch the game again to maybe fix the problem, but to no avail.

I am wondering if it may be because I previously, backed up my saves and then deleted all of them and put them back inside the saves folder.

Since when in the game I can build and edit lots, and even go to create a character, but not play with my household.

Message 14 of 17 (203 Views)

@Uriko15  What error message do you get?  Can you play a different household within the same save?  If so, try playing that household for a few sim hours, save, quit, reload, and see whether you can go back to your main household.  You can use "save as" and rename the save so the original doesn't get overwritten.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 15 of 17 (198 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I get this message:

The game failed to load. Error Code:

102:ca059214:e754595e. It is recommended that you relaunch the game

I will try to play with a new household and save as, like you told me... Hopefully it works, will keep you updated

Message 16 of 17 (196 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

@puzzlezaddict  Hi again! In the end the problem has been solved, it was just the ccs all along. It wouldn't let me play with any household, so I ended up deleting a few more custom content. Now it works perfectly. Thanks again for your help! Very appreciated

Message 17 of 17 (173 Views)