Sims 4 Not Loading

by dessy_diva529

Original Post

Sims 4 Not Loading

★★★ Newbie

I tried repairing, uninstalling, re installing, deleting mods, removing orgin and more and but game still will not play and I just bought new game packs bundles

Message 1 of 8 (516 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Not Loading

@dessy_diva529  Does your computer run Windows or macOS?  What happens when you press Play: does the game load at all, and if so, when does it stop and what do you see?

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 8 (488 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@dessy_diva529 Same, I just downloaded it, and just gets stuck on a white screen.
Message 3 of 8 (475 Views)

EA SPORTS FC Team

Where do you get stuck on a white screen @plurrific, is it when you open Origin or when you press play on The Sims 4?

Would you happen to have a screenshot for us?

Jason.png
Message 4 of 8 (458 Views)

★★★ Newbie

origin opens fine.  sims4 opens teeny tiny, expand it, and it's just a white screen.  music was playing like it was loading but then it stopped. cannot close it or do anything with it.

Message 5 of 8 (441 Views)

@Ginga2Ellie  Try disabling Origin in-game: hover over your username, select Application Settings, then the Origin in-game header, and disable the option at the top.

If that doesn't help, repair the game: open your Origin game library, right-click on the Sims 4 icon, and select Repair.

If that doesn't help either, please move your entire Sims 4 folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop.  When you launch the game, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  Don't add anything to it yet; just see whether the game loads normally.

And if none of this makes a difference, please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Message 6 of 8 (434 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi, I have this issue too. I have tried repairing and redownloading so many times. When i try to open sims 4, the game launches origin and then nothing happens, no start-up screen or anything. I have tried those two suggestions from you too. If i send my dxdiag would you be able to check it out please? Many thanks 

Message 7 of 8 (283 Views)

@xxlilyjane  If you've tried moving the Sims 4 folder in Documents\Electronic Arts and it hasn't helped, then yes, please post a dxdiag and I'll read it.  Please also let me know what antivirus you use.

Message 8 of 8 (268 Views)