Re: Sims 4 No sound, tried all the suggestions

by magicve

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 No sound, tried all the suggestions

★★★ Newbie

Hello, since February I don't have any sound in my game at all.

I tried all the solutions given on this post here and this one here.

Later I reached out to the Deaderpool discord server, mostly known for help with mods, but they have great and fast support so I decided to ask around there.

They said to repair my game first, which didn't work, and then they suggested refreshing my game folder by renaming my game folder to Sims 4 Old, so the game would create a new one, but this unfortunately didn't work either. 

After I told this didn't work, they said I had to reach out to EA, so that's what I am doing now. Could someone please help me this problem is very annoying.

Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 3 (343 Views)

Accepted Solution

@magicve  Please make sure you don't have the -nosound command line argument set within Origin.  Open your game library, right-click on the Sims 4 icon, select Game Properties > Advanced Launch Options, delete anything you see in the command line box, and save.

If that doesn't help, please test with a different sound output device, ideally one that uses a different type of connection, e.g. built-in speakers vs. headphones connected via jack.

If that doesn't help either, please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (335 Views)

All Replies

@magicve  Please make sure you don't have the -nosound command line argument set within Origin.  Open your game library, right-click on the Sims 4 icon, select Game Properties > Advanced Launch Options, delete anything you see in the command line box, and save.

If that doesn't help, please test with a different sound output device, ideally one that uses a different type of connection, e.g. built-in speakers vs. headphones connected via jack.

If that doesn't help either, please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (336 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@puzzlezaddict thank you so much! i found the -nosound in my origin
Message 3 of 3 (316 Views)