Re: [Sims 4] My sims can't propose or woohoo in bed

by crinrict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[Sims 4] My sims can't propose or woohoo in bed

★★ Novice

I haven't played in a while, but I reinstalled Sims 4 last week. I have two young adult sims who can't get engaged even though their pink romance meter is all the way up, they're single, and both households have less than 8 people. I click on the "propose" button and it disappears after entering the sims's queue and both of them do that glitch thing with their arms out. The same thing happens when I "woohoo" or "try for a baby", the action disappears and they glitch. I don't know if it's a patch issue because things were fine a couple days ago...

Message 1 of 11 (11,581 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero

Are you using mods in your game ?

If not, you probably have this issue: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/OPEN-Sims-cannot-propose/m-p/5733980 

If you have mods, please remove them and try again.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 2 of 11 (15,009 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Are you using mods in your game ?

If not, you probably have this issue: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/OPEN-Sims-cannot-propose/m-p/5733980 

If you have mods, please remove them and try again.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 11 (15,010 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you!

Message 3 of 11 (11,537 Views)

★ Novice

I had the same issue. In an attempt to learn more, I tried to click the page you linked but was told "Invalid parameters specified. I am logged in, so am I missing permission? I just want to fix my game.

Message 4 of 11 (11,425 Views)

Hero

Trying that again: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/OPEN-Sims-cannot-propose/td-p/5733980/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 11 (11,409 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having this problem too. My sims can't propose and can only woohoo in the observatory, whenever I try using the bed they just stand there and the pink heart comes up as if they've done it. I also can't get a job because every time I exit and come back onto the game it says they're unemployed. I thought it was just that particular household that was bugged/broken but I've tried multiple households and still have the same problem. I've tried removing my cc and mods, this hasn't worked, I installed ModConflictDetector and there didn't seem to be any problems on here either. I just want my game to be fixed. It's annoying and I've tried so many things to try and fix it.

Message 6 of 11 (10,351 Views)

Hero

Hi @Callieflower2604

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 11 (10,341 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i am having the same problem! i can’t try for baby or woohoo, but i’ve deleted all mods. i’m trying to repair sims 4, so maybe it will work. i really hope you can help me! i will keep you updated if repairing it works!

Message 8 of 11 (4,587 Views)

Hero

HI @ilovesimsSOCRAZY 

did you try the factory reset suggestion above ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 11 (4,562 Views)

★★★ Novice
@FRESHkix I do too! Except my sims don’t glitch- they seem to reset and act normal!
Message 10 of 11 (3,242 Views)