Re: Sims 4 Mods Won't Work

by iiBons

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

I don't mean to sound rude or anything, but I honestly don't understand what you're trying to say here. I tried to do from what I understood, but I guess I did it the wrong way. I'm completely confused by the sentence "If you save the game, do you get a save game in the corresponding saves folder?".

If possible, can you please explain to me in a simplified version of your solution? Sorry if I sound dumb for not understanding this!

Message 11 of 37 (4,370 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Tagging @crinrict  for awareness.

@Zooiey_Rae You are answering to a three year old thread. It is better if you create your own thread  and explain your problem in detail.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 12 of 37 (4,354 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Hi @Zooiey_Rae

this is mainly about if the mods are in the correct folder. Sometimes the game doesn't use the folder you think it is, especially if you are using oneDrive.

If you save your game, a save game file is created in your documents folder (documents\electronicarts\thesims4\saves) .. so if the game is using a different save folder than you think, saving the game (preferably with save as) will not create a file in that folder you're checking but in a different location. So this was actually just a workaround, to find out where the documents folder the game is using is located.

There is actually a far easier way now to find out where the documents folder the game is using, but that only works if you can start the game. This was added later than my post but if you click on the little folder for the save games, it will give you the full path for your save games. To add your mods, use the same folder shown there (just mods, not saves).

Hope that clears it up for you.

CheckSave.jpg

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 37 (4,342 Views)

★★★ Newbie

So where are the saves located. I suck With computers and my mods won’t work. 

Message 14 of 37 (4,118 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Read the answer just above your posting.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 15 of 37 (4,114 Views)

★★★ Newbie
OMG YOU ARE A GENIUS. It turned off without me knowing.
Message 16 of 37 (4,090 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I was having the same problem i couldn't use sims 4 mods but my cc worked my mods now work all you need to do is go into file where you store your mods left click them and click export all and then they should work.

Message 17 of 37 (3,889 Views)

★ Novice

Same with me!

Frown

Message 18 of 37 (3,297 Views)

★★★ Novice
@ARandomPerson0 I have this problem too I tried to download the mods and my Sims is like blank. I don’t know what I am doing wrong is there anther way 😢? No mods are coming up or work
Message 19 of 37 (2,904 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@teddyFiore39 

Do you mean that they have no faces or what. If so you have incompatible CC that you need to update or remove.

Message 20 of 37 (2,875 Views)