Sims 4 Minimizing Immediately, Cannot Be Opened

by LostWolfling

Original Post

Sims 4 Minimizing Immediately, Cannot Be Opened

★★★ Newbie

Hi there. 

When I open the Sims, either through the desktop short cut or by selecting the game in my Origin library, it starts up and minimizes before it can fully load the opening little plumbob splash. 

I've tried:

• turning off Origin In Game mode
  • repaired the game
  • uninstalled and reinstalled
  • run the game with and without mods.
  • turned off Nvidia image sharpening
  • looked under hidden files for trouble makers

Essentially, I've done everything I can find on this forum addressing this issue in the past several YEARS. I'm at my end here. I have nearly every expansion and stuff pack and it feels like I set my money on fire because I cannot play the game. Is there any other possible work around? Tbh I'm livid.

if helpful to know: Microsoft 10 on a Lenovo x64 PC, gaming laptop

Message 1 of 3 (335 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Minimizing Immediately, Cannot Be Opened

@LostWolfling  You can try launching the game in either fullscreen or windowed mode, whichever one isn't currently being used.  You don't need to know the settings—you can set Origin to launch in one or the other.  Open your Origin game library, right-click on the Sims 4 icon, select Game Properties > Advanced Launch Options, and input either -f (fullscreen) or -w (windowed) in the command line argument box.  Please try both.

If that doesn't help, please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (314 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Minimizing Immediately, Cannot Be Opened

Hero (Retired)

@LostWolfling There are some basic questions we need to ask. Is your computer a pc, mac, or console? Did the game ever run correctly? Did the problem start after a game update? Did this happen after a Windows update? What antivirus are you running? Did this happen after you madfe any changes to your system? When you start this game, the game looks to see if Origin is running and if not the game tries to start Origin? Does Origin run correctly? How much free space is on your system storage device (hard drive)? Did you just install any packs? Did you check to see if your operating system is updating?

Message 3 of 3 (313 Views)