Re: Sims 4 Minimized

by crinrict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 Minimized

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

I tried to open the Sims 4 recently and my screen just went black before the game came up minimized.  Every time I opened it, it would just minimize itself.  The furthest into the game I've gotten is the blue loading mouse over the black screen for a fraction of a second.  I uninstalled and reinstalled the game.  I tried repairing the game from Origin.  Origin in game is disabled for the game and overall for all of my games.  I'm not using any mods/custom content. Everything is up-to-date but still nothing.  How can I fix this and play my game?

Message 1 of 5 (14,047 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero

Could you try this solution: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/The-Sims-3-Keeps-Minimizing/m-p/2700424#M143895

It's for Sims 3 but it should work for Sims 4 accordingly.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (15,101 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Could you try this solution: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/The-Sims-3-Keeps-Minimizing/m-p/2700424#M143895

It's for Sims 3 but it should work for Sims 4 accordingly.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 5 (15,102 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
Thank you so much! I was able to fix the problem for Sims 4 and Sims 3 (:
Message 3 of 5 (14,013 Views)

Hero

Glad it did.

Thank you for the feedback.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 5 (14,004 Views)

★★ Novice
@amrox98 Tried the listed solution for The Sims 4, it didn’t work nor was the info in the ini file as described shown. Why? Is there a recent solution (as of July 26, 2020) that works?
Message 5 of 5 (8,690 Views)