by Tyirannoss

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 Manage vets in Cats and Dogs Blank Screen

★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.62.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansion Packs: City Living Seasons Discover University Cats and dogs Game Packs: Parenthood Stuff Packs: My first pet
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Go to an owned vet clinic 2. Click on the Manage Employees button in the business tab. 3. You should expect a way to fire/promote/demote/hire employees Step 3 does not work for me at all
What happens when the bug occurs? The UI Is blank. There should be text
What do you expect to see? A blank UI
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

In Sims 4 cats and dogs, when owning a vet clinic and clicking on "Manage Employees", the UI is just blank except the close button. I am not sure if I am the only person right now who got this bug.

I am not sure how it happened, but I think I know why this bug was caused.

I had a mod where you can hire 3 more employees (making it a total of 6 employees to hire). I had to uninstall that mod as it does not work. AFTER taking the mod out from the mods folder, the UI was BLANK!

To explain clearly, I have attached a photo to make you understand what is going on: 

https://photos.app.goo.gl/fnGcM2FSfQHEwzs78

(The photo will be in Low-Quality 320X240)

Please help. I tried to find a solution everywhere on EA and Sims forums, but they do not work. Please HELP!

Message 1 of 9 (721 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 4 Manage vets in Cats and Dogs Blank Screen

★★★ Apprentice

@HyperMan808 I think you will need to contact the creator of the mod and see if they have a fix themselves. I did see that adding the mod back meant that the bug stopped and I could manage employees again, however if you removed it because you were having issues with it I don't know how much of a solution that would be. Alternatively, you may need to move to a new save. 

View in thread

Message 8 of 9 (572 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Apprentice

What mod did you use? Also, do you still have this issue if you create a new save file? 

Message 2 of 9 (694 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@Tyirannoss The mod I used was Hire Additional Vet mod, can be found here: http://modthesims.info/d/604627/hire-additional-vet.html.

Even If I created a new save file (Like recovering a previously saved file) I still get the issue
Message 3 of 9 (685 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@HyperMan808 Thanks for the info, I've looked at the mod and there are three different versions - one for game version 1.36.104.1020, one for game version 1.55.105.1020, and one for game version 1.56.52.1020 - do you recall which one you downloaded? I'd like to see if I can recreate the issue in my own game. 

Message 4 of 9 (670 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@Tyirannoss I have gotten the newest one (11th October 2019)
Message 5 of 9 (628 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@HyperMan808 I was able to reproduce the bug as described in your original post, but, after removing the mod, the bug did not occur in new save games. Just to clarify, when you click "New Game" in the main menu, are the vet clinics in the new save file still affected? Perhaps try it again one more time as I couldn't reproduce this aspect.

The mod reminded me strongly of the "Restaurant Additional Staff" mod (here), and you'll notice it has some very specific instructions for removal. I think this is a problem with the mod you've downloaded, so your best bet would be reporting the bug to the creator. 

Message 6 of 9 (594 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@Tyirannoss Thanks for the info! Now can you give me steps on how to solve my issue?
Message 7 of 9 (590 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@HyperMan808 I think you will need to contact the creator of the mod and see if they have a fix themselves. I did see that adding the mod back meant that the bug stopped and I could manage employees again, however if you removed it because you were having issues with it I don't know how much of a solution that would be. Alternatively, you may need to move to a new save. 

Message 8 of 9 (573 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@Tyirannoss I did move it to a new save, but that does not work
Message 9 of 9 (544 Views)