Sims 4 Mac to PC

by clairecl

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 Mac to PC

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice
So i just got a new pc and started transfering my games. I downloaded origin on my pc and downloaded the sims again, but it almost immediately gave me an error message that "something went wrong while trying to boot up the sims 4" I uninstalled and installed again already but that didnt work. I think its also important to mention that i still have everything installed on my old mac computer since i dont wanna risk deleting it all before being sure the saves are transfered okay and decided to ask for help first before starting to delete everyrhing
Message 1 of 13 (447 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 4 Mac to PC

Champion (Retired)

Go to here;

C:\Program Files/asustekcomputer.inc/ss2/userinterface/

Look for an executable and see if that is listed.

If not you will probably find it under processes in Task manager. If so you can disable it on the Startup tab.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.

View in thread

Message 12 of 13 (495 Views)

All Replies

@clairecl

I'm going to move this over to the Sims 4 tech. forum as there are Windows users there who can help Standard smile You can happily copy your Sims 4 user data folder over to your new PC but you should trash the Options.ini file, everything else should be fine.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 13 (440 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Please provide the full error message.

Also provide a DxDiag.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 3 of 13 (430 Views)

★★ Novice

I added a screenshot of the full error message but since my system is in dutch, it is dutch. If you need me to set my system to English to send this properly, let me know. The other thing is the DxDiag text file you asked for!

Message 4 of 13 (419 Views)

Just wanted to pitch in that if there are any translation issues, I'm Dutch, so feel free to tag me. :eahigh_file:

Also there is a Dutch AHQ forum: http://answers.ea.com/t5/Technische-problemen/bd-p/the-sims-4-technical-issues-nl

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 5 of 13 (412 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Examining your DxDiag shows that the culprit is ss2osd.dll which is part of Sonic Studio 2. This is known to cause problems for various games.

Try going to Asus support page and look for an update:

https://www.asus.com/us/support/

Select your motherboard then drivers and tools.

Notice that Sonic Studio is a part of the Realtek sound drivers.

If you can't find an update try to stop the service ss2osd.dll and prevent it from automatically starting.

If you need help on how to do that perhaps @Phantomlover1717 can help you with that in Dutch as I know very little Dutch.

I have been to Amsterdam so can order a beer. Large smile

Message 6 of 13 (404 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

there are about 15 different things that can be downloaded and updated. Is there a specific thing that needs updating (like you mentioning that its part of audio and sound drivers) or do I really need to update EVERY single one. (I also cant seem to find what is and isn't up to date so I cant really figure what I do and don't need from that) By the way, the dates mentioned in the download files as the latest versions are all predating the date I got my pc and thus had everything installed so I assume what I have now is all up to date

Message 7 of 13 (391 Views)

Champion (Retired)

It can't hurt to have all the latest drivers so get the lot. When installing it will tell you if your version already are up to date.

Message 8 of 13 (386 Views)

★★ Novice

Okay so I downloaded all of the latest versions (went super quick, thank god for gaming pcs xD) and the sims still gives me the exact same error message. So how do I stop the ss2osd.dll file from automatically starting?

Message 9 of 13 (384 Views)

Champion (Retired)

In English (if you need it translated @Phantomlover1717 can help)

Rightclick the taskbar 

Select Task Manager

Switch to the Services tab

At the bottom click Open Services.

Find ss2osd.dll and select it.

Rightclick it and select Properties.

Click stop.

From the Startup type dropdown select Disabled

Click OK 

Close the open Windows.

Run the Sims 4.

Message 10 of 13 (376 Views)