Sims 4 Low FPS Issue

by Anonymous

Original Post

Sims 4 Low FPS Issue

Anonymous

Hi all.

I am a massive Sims 4 fan and I love to play the game.

School started back after a week off and I stopped playing the Sims for a while to take a step back and get back into the routine of getting my homework done well and doing some studying in the evenings.

This of course means I don't get time every evening to play the Sims, because I do activities in the evenings.

So I took a week off to get back into a routine and stopped myself from playing on my laptop.

Now, after updating the Sims with the recent patch, my game is not running buttery smooth like it used to (50-60fps for me is buttery smooth) and is running on less than 30fps, which gives me a headache honestly.

I have removed all my CC from the game, yet that only gave me a small boost.

The game is on 1680x1050 resolution.

My laptops specs are:

Intel Core i5-7300HQ @ 2.5GHZ

Nvidia GTX 1050 2GB model

8gb DDR4 RAM

7400RPM HDD (might be getting an eSSD soon, idk)

If you can help me, it would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 6 (2,459 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Low FPS Issue

Hero (Retired)
@Anonymous

If you have two graphics cards in the laptop make sure that the game is using the better one. You can check which card the game uses in txt document - Config in your game folder.
If the game uses a good card turn off all the "online features" in the game options.
If it will not help, disconnect the internet.
Recently, there have been reports of a working Internet that causes this error. You can still play if you have previously logged in to Origin even without Internet.

I don't work for EA
Message 2 of 6 (2,448 Views)

[ Edited ]
Anonymous

@kreatora 

I'll have a look now. In my global settings for my graphics card the Sims is using the 1050, but it doesn't seem like it.

I do use internet but not the gallery so I'll have a look in that too.

Thanks.

EDIT: I had a look in config and the game has found and is supporting my 1050, it might be the internet bug.

Will I have to restart my game to have the internet being turned off have an effect?

Message 3 of 6 (2,446 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@Anonymous
I think you should only to save it to be on the safe side and turn off the internet.
Message 4 of 6 (2,442 Views)

★ Novice

Tried turning off the internet, still had the issue, but it worked fine after restarting the game Standard smile 

Thanks for the thread - I was just coming here to make my own for the same issue!

Message 5 of 6 (2,437 Views)

Anonymous

I've restarted the game many times. I think it might be something to do with my CC, idk.

I'll turn off the internet.

Message 6 of 6 (2,414 Views)