Re: Sims 4 Lost saved games - can they be restored?

by marthea63

Original Post

Sims 4 Lost saved games - can they be restored?

★★ Novice

This is the second time this has happened:

The first was ten days after I got the game and the second was 6 weeks later (yesterday).

I went onto Sims 4 and all my progress was lost except this time, my first family was still there. I have been doing 'Save As...' every so often so that if this was to happen, I could load up my saved games. Unfortunately, my saved games have disapeared aswell. I'm left with 'My Saved Game 1 (Autosave)' (which gives today's date) and 'My Saved Game 2' which is exactly the same (from the 23rd November). Having looked at different forums, it looks like it's a better idea not to use 'Autosave' and to always load your saved games but I just wondered if there was any way I could restore what I've lost or if there are any other ways of preventing it from happening again?

I've found from one source that says to go through Documents/Electronic Arts/Sims 4/saves and to move 'Slot_00000000.save' elsewhere and rename 'Slot_00000000.save.ver0' by removing the '.ver0' Although this save was from today's date, my progress was still missing when I loaded Sims 4 up again.

Can anyone help?

Message 1 of 13 (11,131 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I don't know if this will help you any but can't hurt:

How to roll back your save

Message 2 of 13 (11,114 Views)

Hero

@BowTiesAreCool22 There are scattered reports of this problem being back but if the game wasn't saved properly the backups probably won't help.

Did you give the game a new name when you used save as and should you have other slots than 1 and 2 ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 13 (11,110 Views)

★★ Novice
Yes, I named the Save As slots and had about 15 but they have all disapeared
Message 4 of 13 (11,102 Views)

Hero

Can you search your hard drive for slot_00000003.save then to see if it got moved by accident.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 13 (11,100 Views)

★★ Novice
There are two called 'Slot_00000003.save' but they are both in the right place (Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4/saves)
In that location I have save versions 1 to 4. I can't find any of the files that have disappeared.
Message 6 of 13 (11,079 Views)

Hero

Are 3 and 4 the ones that show up ?

Really not sure what could have happened to the rest. Did you also check your trash can ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 13 (11,072 Views)

★★ Novice

In the saves folder I have saves (Slot_0000000.ver.) 1,2,3,4,0,1,2,3,4. There is a gap in the middle. I only have when I started playing and when I found out I had lost everything. The latest save is empty apart from my first family and house. All the other games I saved inbetween (about 15) have completely disapeared from my computer.

Message 8 of 13 (11,063 Views)

Hero

I'm sorry to say but I don't think there's much you can do if they are not on your computer anymore.

My suggestion for next time is to make regular backups of your user folder to an external drive or a memory stick.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 13 (11,060 Views)

★★ Novice

The issue is the loaded games have disappeared - as if it's reset. Any ideas?

Message 10 of 13 (11,058 Views)