Re: Sims 4 Long Loading Screens

by Felicity_Bane

Original Post

★★★★ Apprentice

No, I don't run a lot extra -- I have Origin, Steam, Razer Game Booster (I've tried it both with this enabled and not -- makes no difference) and a few system utilities.  I sometimes am running Chrome as well, but that has no effect on the load times either.

I did not notice a signicant difference in CPU usage (about 45%) and memory usage (sits around 2GB) when loading and just playing.  It goes up a little -- the CPU usage maybe goes up to 55% and the memory usage to a little over 2GB as opposed to a little under.

I tried deleting all the extra townies -- that made no difference either.

This save has probably close to 45 hours on it at this point.  New games are fast.  

Message 21 of 40 (2,742 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yes, I have tried clearing my tray, it does not work. (It just delets everything in my Library.) 

I even cleared the Scratch and Lotcachedata folders. LOL I've been trying to clear everything.

I'm not a tech genius, but I think it has to do with the save files themselves, because the only thing that works for me is to start a new game. Maybe something is wrong with them?

Message 22 of 40 (2,734 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

I have to agree that it must have something to do with the saves themselves.  It's not that it's bad to begin with -- new games for me have about 5-10 seconds on the loading screen; it's that as the save goes on, the loading times increase.  It reminds me of a memory leak, but in that case, a simple restart would fix it, and that is not the case.  

I could see wondering if it were RAM or whatever on a system which does not have a lot of RAM, but I have 12 GB.  Also, googling shows that it actually is a problem with people with higher end systems as well.  It's not a hard drive issue as well, again, I have an mSSD drive. 

Ah well, hopefully it's a bug they can fix, and that they do fix it.  

Message 23 of 40 (2,732 Views)

Hero

It doesn't matter how much RAM you have. The game is a 32 bit application and hence (on 64 bit systems) can only use max of 3.7 GB, then it crashes.

You should be below that though.

Are all you guys save games between 2-4 MB in size ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 24 of 40 (2,723 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

My most recent one is at 3.4MB.

Apparently, a lot of people have this issue once they've been playing a save for awhile -- it seems to be the ones at 30+ hours that start becoming a problem.  The problem is, of course, at 30+ hours is when the game is the most fun.  But for now, as soon as the sim I have at level 9 of her career levels to 10, I'll just start a new one.  I want to try rotational game play anyway, but hopefully that doesn't make things worse.

Thank you for your time on this.  I just don't think there's a solution right now.  I've done all the suggestions, and the only thing that changed the load times at all was putting Origin off line -- and that was negligible.  The only iffy part of my system is the graphics card, but even that just is a small bit below the recommended system (650m GTX as opposed to 650 GTX) which is well above the minimum requirement.

Edit: Right now I'm hoping enough EA is aware that many people are having this problem and look for a fix for it.

Message 25 of 40 (2,717 Views)

★★★★ Novice

My saves keep growing.

In my earlier post here (3 days ago) I told you may saves were between 6,109 KB and 6,300KB. Today they are between 7,112 and 7,352KB.

Message 26 of 40 (2,716 Views)

Hero

They will grow. I think that is still ok.

There is another thread around where a save went up to 60'000 KB within minutes. Now THAT is not normal.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 27 of 40 (2,699 Views)

★★ Novice

I don't have a laptop - I have a brand new all-in-one computer. Here's the link to it:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/lenovo-21-5-touch-screen-all-in-one-computer-4gb-memory-1tb-hard-drive/5...

I'm just not getting how I don't have the specs for it when Sims 4 was made to be played on older computers as well as newer ones. What can I do to fix this or add on to my computer? My loading screens are now lasting over 2 minutes and nothing else posted here has worked to fix it Frown

Message 28 of 40 (2,679 Views)

Hero

Cause new not necessarily means that you meet the specs. There are many newer but cheap computer that don't. Those are not made for gaming but for everyday use.

The CPU that computer has is not the strongest and I don't know if computers like the one you have are upgradable or not.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 29 of 40 (2,671 Views)

★★ Novice

What part of the specs are not met? I was told this computer would meet them and I don't understand how to read specs myself.

Message 30 of 40 (2,634 Views)