Re: Sims 4 Local File Path Empty

by crinrict

Original Post

[ Edited ]
Hero

@SiltionGaming Still don't know what you mean by move ? Could you explain in details how you did that ? Enter your code on Steam or just made a dummy link there or do you actually own the game on steam ?

Do you still have EA Play ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 31 of 39 (467 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@crinrict I do still have EA Play yes, I swapped my subscription from Origin, by canceling the automatic payments. So I technically still have it on Origin until August this year. But I also have EA Play through Steam now too, which includes Sims 4. So I simply installed it through EA Play and it automatically picked up my Origin stuff and allows me to play it all in one through Steam.
Message 32 of 39 (447 Views)

Hero
@SiltionGaming OK. So, if you still have it on Origin, I would try if that version works.

Uninstall steam, then install on Origin and see if that works

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 33 of 39 (445 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@crinrict Issue is. I can no longer install through Origin, simply says "Details" Instead of install, and once pressed literally nothing happens. K but the issue is EA Play... Went to launch Battlefront II to test it. Does the EXACT same thing as Sims. Says it's running for like 2 seconds then just stops
Message 34 of 39 (442 Views)

Hero
@SiltionGaming So it's like your EA Play subscription is no longer valid ? Maybe your account is confused about the double subscription and it's what's causing issues.

Have you contacted a game advisor yet to check your account ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 35 of 39 (436 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@crinrict No Sir. how would I go about doing that?
Message 36 of 39 (433 Views)

Hero

Game advisors can be found through live chat or call-back

Click on this this link for fast finding https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/ 

In Details here: How to contact a Game Advisor

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 37 of 39 (408 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@crinrict Heyyy! Been a while! Went through a Long Process with EA before they basically said it is a problem with Steam. Went to Steam support and they legit did nothing, just linked me back to EA Support. I had given up completely honestly. Was talking to someone about it and went to show how Origin's play button is grayed out and well. It suddenly wasn't. Clicked Play and it actually opened. Dunno how or why but it works now! Thanks for all the help!

Message 38 of 39 (388 Views)

Hero
@SiltionGaming Could have been something about the patch.

There was someone else that had a different Steam issue that said it suddenly started working after the last patch.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 39 of 39 (386 Views)