Re: Sims 4 Loading problem

by Phantomlover1717

Original Post

Sims 4 Loading problem

★★ Novice

There is a Client DB File located in my Sims 4 folder, Is that normal to be there or is that EA's way of checking out my game? Also I have also installed Get To Work and the only time it worked was on April 9,2015. Having this expansion will I still continue to use Custom Content for my games? The Sims 4 is taking too long to load my game.

Message 1 of 9 (11,570 Views)

I also have a clientDB.package in my Sims 4 folder, so you are safe. 
I don't know what the file does. 

You can keep having CC but there are some problems with some CC:
http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/INFO-Patch-3-26-and-custom-content-Endless-loading-and-Startup/m...

When the game is taking too long to load, it might be the CC you have. Or maybe just because you have a slow computer.

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 2 of 9 (11,551 Views)

★★ Novice

I also have a clientDB.package in the sims folder and in my applications folder there is a file called package-clientDB-18.pkg, do you also have this file.

Message 3 of 9 (11,190 Views)

★★ Novice

I don't know why but this is messing up my game and if I get rid of it, i can't open my game and I don't know what to do

Message 4 of 9 (10,807 Views)

What is messing up your game?

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 5 of 9 (10,798 Views)

★★★ Novice

I believe it stand for client's database so every simmer should have one :-)

Message 6 of 9 (10,518 Views)

★★★ Expert

You need that file. The game uses it while it is running. http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/user-files-explained/

Message 7 of 9 (10,511 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am also having this issue with updating my SIMS 4 game ever since the new updated version of Origin. I've been trying to update my game for the last two days as it stops and starts with the alert saying :

Origin is not able to download The Sims™ 4 Limited Edition to /Applications/The Sims 4.app/Contents/Data/Client/ClientDeltaBuild0.package_DiP_STAGED.

Please check that the location is available or cancel and restart the download to another location.

How can i resolve this issue?

Thank you!!

Message 8 of 9 (10,500 Views)

@meganshae

Try right clicking the game in Origin, and choose 'repair game'.

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 9 of 9 (10,482 Views)