Sims 4 Licensing

by joshcookie12398

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 Licensing

★★★★★ Newbie

Sorry to bug you with a stupid question--
I love The Sims but I've been playing on Xbox 360. I do understand the new Sims 4 will only be on PC.
My computer is on the verge on breaking though. If I were to get the game on CD for PC, Would I have to get a new game if my computer suddenly breaks?
Or is there some way to transfer the license off the broken computer? I'm new to PC gaming. Is there a way to require the CD to play so theres no license involved?

Message 1 of 4 (3,028 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 4 Licensing

Hero

Hi,

no worries. A PC license is not tied to a certain Computer. It's tied to your Origin Account. So it doesn't matter if you buy it on DVD or as Origin Downlad, you can install it on 5 PCs at the same time. If you uninstall it from a PC, one of the licenses is automatically freed up and you can download/install it on another PC.

Should your computer break down and you can't free the license you still have 4 to go but if you used all 5, a game advisor can help you free it up. There is no need to buy a new game just because your computer breaks or you get a new one.

Only thing you can't do with PC game is re-sell them. Once the game is on your account, that's where it stays.

Hope that answers your question.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (3,315 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Hi,

no worries. A PC license is not tied to a certain Computer. It's tied to your Origin Account. So it doesn't matter if you buy it on DVD or as Origin Downlad, you can install it on 5 PCs at the same time. If you uninstall it from a PC, one of the licenses is automatically freed up and you can download/install it on another PC.

Should your computer break down and you can't free the license you still have 4 to go but if you used all 5, a game advisor can help you free it up. There is no need to buy a new game just because your computer breaks or you get a new one.

Only thing you can't do with PC game is re-sell them. Once the game is on your account, that's where it stays.

Hope that answers your question.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (3,316 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi there!

I have another weird question... I'm now thinking of buying a license of The Sims 4 for my nephew. She now uses a PC, but in two months her parents are going to present her a new MAC. So my question is - is it OK to buy a license now, so that she could start playing on a PC and then migrate the license to MAC? Or I will have to buy a new license?

Thank you in advance,

Andrew Gusev.

Message 3 of 4 (2,084 Views)

Hero

The game will be registered to the account you buy it on and then you can download it on either PC or Mac. You won't need to rebuy. She can also transfer her saves over buy moving the user folder documents\electronicarts\thesims\ to the mac.

Be aware that not every mac is good for playing games though. 

You can ask in the mac forum what a good machine would be: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/bd-p/The-Sims-Mac

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 4 (2,076 Views)