Re: Sims 4 Legacy Leader Counter keeps resetting to zero.

by SantaFeAtBay

Original Post

Sims 4 Legacy Leader Counter keeps resetting to zero.

★★★★★ Novice

I'm not using ccs or mods. I'm only doing Sim edits through save game/modify CAS, no cheats.

My elder just died right on the lot and a generation was lost! This is an insane waste of time to try to get to 10/10 when the frigging thing resets to zero most of the time and seemingly at random. I was lucky to keep a 1/10 in this particular household that had FIVE generations. I see complaints on this generation counter bug going back to 2015, so EA knows and does nothing to fix it?

What am I doing wrong? I won't even let elders travel because of this glitch just in case the die on another lot, and I lose a generation. So fed up. (I don't want comments by those people who always say "go to admin" or "repair your game" as an answer to every single Sim question on Earth, ugh. I have to repair my game every single time Sims updates. So it's done Frown*.)

I have a cheat Sim in my gallery that I got to generation 9 by using adoption and cakes. When she gives birth, the Legacy Leader counter works. But I don't want to use this cheat. I want to figure out what magic formula we have to use to get this counter to freaking work other than adoptions. I love to play multiple households. This does not seem to cause the counter to reset. I almost never have deaths off household lots either.

Please help - circa 2018! Any news on if EA will even acknowledge this? Thank you Standard smile.

Message 1 of 3 (756 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

As usual, I may have figured out the glitch myself. I was moving households to "unplayed" status to age them up. When you put your household to unplayed, it resets your counter to zero! In theLegacy Leader achievement.

Another strange thing happened: I created a household to put extra children to age up to elder and pass away. The counter shows 2/10 even though there were zero births on the lot! I wonder if it's accidentally counting prior connections as they pass away togother int the household. Handy!

Message 2 of 3 (723 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Thanks for the update.

There's so many threads right now, looks like yours got missed.

Don't know if that's supposed to happen or a bug (the resetting on making them unplayed) unfortunately. 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 3 (721 Views)