Sims 4 Legacy Edition - How do you uninstall it?

by Tayzbo

Original Post

Re: Sims 4 Legacy Edition - How do you uninstall it?

★★★★★ Novice

OH wait sorry, I haven't added links to avast from this help website, I've added them from the help section called 'cc keeps disabling itself'. Which you kindly helped me with on there too

Message 51 of 69 (756 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hi! Thank you all so much for the help! My game works now!!! I'm so so so happy!

Message 52 of 69 (738 Views)

★ Novice

if you uninstall sims 4 then re install it it should come up with a check box on the extra packs that will download then unclick the legacy box Standard smile

Message 53 of 69 (707 Views)

★ Novice

hi there i found LE in an origin fold in my computer is that the same as the one in documents

Message 54 of 69 (635 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@yaehnah 

No, the program files are not the same as the user files found under Documents\Electronic Arts.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 55 of 69 (626 Views)

Re: I payed for the sims university expansion pack and can't find it on the game

★ Novice

How do I get rid of the legacy version?! I payed a lot of money for discover university and I can’t play it because of the legacy edition 

Message 56 of 69 (553 Views)

★ Novice

I don’t understand what to do!

Message 57 of 69 (558 Views)

@brookeb15xo  If your computer runs Windows, please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

If you have a Mac, please post its full specs: everything under About This Mac except for the serial number.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 58 of 69 (551 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The option is grey for me it wont let me click it making it impossible to get rid of it Frown

Message 59 of 69 (523 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Please somebody help me, I contacted EA already and they said theres basically nothing I can do. Heres my whole story:

Got a new laptop a few months ago & had to set up a new origin and email because the old email didn't even work anymore -- it was my college email and once I was not in that college for over a year they terminated my account and I basically lost everything connected to it-- Anyways... 

I had to set up a new account and when I purchased and downloaded Sims4 it was automatically the "Legacy version", so all of the people who are saying to "restore to previous version", go in and "delete LE file and keep original", etc., NONE of that will work for me because the LE is the only version I have. 

I downloaded Discover University today, and I was so excited because this is the first new expansion pack I've ever bought, on the older version/ synced with my old account I only ever had Cats and Dogs, so I was SUPER excited to get this game and then this.... sooooo someone please help me. 

I have uninstalled and reinstalled without clicking the LE version, but it basically tells me it won't run without it. I am currently doing it again where I uninstall LE and reinstall the Digital Delux, and the soundtrack. Then I am going to "Repair", and then download discover university, then restart my laptop and see if it will work like that and if not I am going to give it one last go with then downloading LE, and maybe it will trick the system into allowing my pack to work because it'll think I had it installed before LE? So maybe it won't remove it? 

That was A LOT and if anyone has been nice enough to read this whole thing and understands, and can help , PLEASE HELP ME!! 

I will update if any of my current interventions work, but if not please I will try anything. I wanted to play this game and don't just want to turn around and return it/ get a refund. 

-PC: Samsung Galaxy book

-Runs: 64-bit

Message 60 of 69 (515 Views)