Sims 4 Legacy Edition - How do you uninstall it?

by Tayzbo

Original Post

Re: Sims 4 Legacy Edition - How do you uninstall it?

★★ Novice

Honestly, I'm so angry right now. I'm very sorry if I come off as rude or offensive, but I just found out about how legacy edition limits my game play. Not only did I just spend $40 on a pack I can't use, I also can't access the gallery anymore. If anyone knows a way I can contact EA or Origin or find out when they'll fix this please tell me. I've been trying to fix this for over a month now but I can't seem to do anything. I've shut down my computer completely, I've tried to units Legacy Edition, I've tried to repair the game, yet nothing works. I hope they fix this soon or else they might lose a lot of customers.

Message 21 of 69 (2,322 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@LucyPark7730 

Please post a DxDiag so we can see if you need the Legacy Edition.. https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/
You can attach the txt file directly to your answer.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 22 of 69 (2,315 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I did the exact same thing and i am very angry about it. If they come out with a new edition then it shouldn't limit your game play at all. Its stupid that they come out with an edition and I buy a pack and i can't even play it.

Message 23 of 69 (2,171 Views)

Hero
@lailahailey Are you sure that you need the legacy edition ? It was created for older computers. Are you on PC or Mac ?

You can try get a refund for the pack if your computer really needs the legacy edition.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 24 of 69 (2,158 Views)

★ Novice

the same thing happened to me and I have no idea what to do, I've spent a lot of money on this game and it won't work and that really upsets me.

Message 25 of 69 (2,106 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Hi @hrtkris 

Are you on Mac or PC ?

For PC

Could you post your Computer's DxDiag?

To gather a DxDiag on your computer, please follow the steps here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

You can attach the txt file to your post directly.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 26 of 69 (2,095 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hey! This is what I did, step by step. It will take a bit of time, but I was finally able to download and play University!

Completly uninstall the sims 4

Delete all files (specifically search for LE, "Sims 4 Legacy Edition" should show up

Reinstall Sims 4, scroll down to Legacy Edition, uncheck the box

Repair after downloading

Restart PC

Open Origin and Download University!

I hope this works for everyone Standard smile 

*I do not work for EA*

Message 27 of 69 (1,983 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have Windows and it is non-existent for me too. I don’t want this * Legacy Edition. GIVE ME MY GAME, EA. 

Message 28 of 69 (1,889 Views)

Hero

Could you post your Computer's DxDiag?

To gather a DxDiag on your computer, please follow the steps here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

You can attach the txt file to your post directly.  

What is non-existant for you ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 29 of 69 (1,888 Views)

★★★★ Novice

The drop down menu you’re all talking about isn’t appearing for me! I don’t know what to do, I really wanted to play university and tiny living

Message 30 of 69 (1,657 Views)