Re: Sims 4 Legacy Edition - How do you uninstall it?

by Sophia32wil

Original Post

Hero
@MilaVeen Mac players are 64 bit already, they don't have an issue with that.

Is your Mac a non-metal model ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 69 (10,061 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@crinrict no, my game should be able to handle it fine. It also did fine with playing and I don't need the legacy..
Message 12 of 69 (10,048 Views)

Hero
@MilaVeen Then it's probably best if you ask in the Mac forum: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/bd-p/The-Sims-Mac

Don't have much of a clue on Macs :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 69 (10,042 Views)
Highlighted

★ Novice
@Tayzbo I just don't know why they anything I paid for my game to play and of a sudden This game not launch with university on there and I'm getting annoyed....
Message 14 of 69 (9,970 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I've got the same problem! Since I got the legacy edition, whenever I go from sims to internet and back, my game will freeze. Does anyone else have this problem? It really sucks

Message 15 of 69 (7,587 Views)

Hero
@DSGkanaal Are you on a Mac or PC ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 16 of 69 (7,571 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@puzzlezaddict Hi, I have a 64 bit Windows and for some reason my sims 4 just won't launch. No matter what I try. The stupid Legacy edition keeps downloading and messing up everything. Any idea how to get rid of it?
Message 17 of 69 (6,017 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@Ingridleroux

Go to the Origin/My games Library. Right-click on TS4 and select Properties, Then select advanced startup options. Change from 32 bit to 64 bit there
Then fix the game in Origin:
Once more right-click on TS4 select the option "repair game"
If the game created a new folder for Legacy Edition in Documents delete it.
The first time launch the game from Origin - not from the desktop icon
You can create also a new 64- bit shortcut to the desktop instead of not working 32-bit game icon
Open Program Filles(x86) / Origin Games/ The Sims 4/Games/ Bin and right-click TS4_x64.exe. Select "Sent to desktop"

I don't work for EA
Message 18 of 69 (6,004 Views)

★ Novice
@sazzalina123 I have tried that and its not working because apparently i still need it i tried getting my mods to uninstall then re-install be it didn't work...
Message 19 of 69 (5,870 Views)

★ Novice

So Go into your files you should 2 files that have to deal with sims 4 if you see an file that say "Sims 4 Legacy edition" and Just "Sims 4" Delete the file that says "Sims 4 Legacy Edition" Restart your computer then relog into Origin then it should be the regular game because it worked for me

Message 20 of 69 (5,869 Views)