Re: Sims 4 Legacy Edition - How do you uninstall it?

by MilaVeen

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 Legacy Edition - How do you uninstall it?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hello guys,

I did not read the new notes or announcements in regards to University. I had already bought and downloaded the new expansion before realizing that I couldn't play it. I don't know what my computer specs are (not at home at the moment). I do, however, have Windows 10. I noticed that my computer wasn't up to date so I went and updated that. I was wondering if there is a way to get rid of Legacy to see if my computer is able to play the game without it. I don't know if it only told me to download it because Windows wasn't up to date or if I have a 32 bit. I bought the computer off of my brother otherwise I would normally know more about my system. I tried uninstalling everything and reinstalling it but it also got reinstalled. I don't know what to do but I also don't want to be out $40+. I have hundreds of dollars sunk into this game so I would like to be able to play everything without any issues. ):

EDIT: This all could have been avoided if I would have made sure that my computer was up to date with the latest Windows update. So.. definitely make sure your PCs are updated before downloading the Legacy Edition.

Message 1 of 69 (55,528 Views)

Accepted Solution

@Tayzbo  If your computer runs Windows in 64-bit, you should be able to run the standard version of TS4.  One fast way to find out is to run a dxdiag; the Windows version will be right at the top of the first page.  (A dxdiag is also helpful to share when troubleshooting in general, so be sure to click Save All Information and keep it on hand if someone asks to see it.)

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

If you do in fact have a 64-bit system, go to your Origin library, right-click on the Sims 4 icon, select Game Properties, then Advanced Launch Options, and choose 64-bit from the dropdown menu.  If you don't see it, right-click on the Sims 4 icon and select Repair, then look again.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 69 (55,440 Views)

All Replies

@Tayzbo  If your computer runs Windows in 64-bit, you should be able to run the standard version of TS4.  One fast way to find out is to run a dxdiag; the Windows version will be right at the top of the first page.  (A dxdiag is also helpful to share when troubleshooting in general, so be sure to click Save All Information and keep it on hand if someone asks to see it.)

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

If you do in fact have a 64-bit system, go to your Origin library, right-click on the Sims 4 icon, select Game Properties, then Advanced Launch Options, and choose 64-bit from the dropdown menu.  If you don't see it, right-click on the Sims 4 icon and select Repair, then look again.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 69 (55,441 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I will definitely give it a shot once I return home from work. Thank you for the response! Much appreciated.

Message 3 of 69 (55,360 Views)

★★ Novice

For some reason, the game has installed the legacy edition in the update, even though I have a 64 bit PC. I have tried telling origin to start the Sims 4 64 bit version, but it still keeps trying to open legacy (which doesn't even work). I have repaired the game on origin and restarted my computer. All with no luck. Any ideas? I'm eager to play Discover University - but after installing it, I am still having the same problem!!!

Message 4 of 69 (50,111 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@sazzalina123 Just checking, have you tried to right click the game, game properties/properties (guessing, I don't have Origin in English, option is under "Repair" for me), Advanced and changed to 64 bit there?
Message 5 of 69 (50,070 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@sazzalina123

Go to the Origin/My games Library. Right-click on TS4 and select Properties, Then select advanced startup options. Change from 32 bit to 64 bit there
Then fix the game in Origin:
Once more right-click on TS4 select the option "repair game"
You have to wait until Origin will fix all packs.

Launch the game from Origin - not from the desktop icon
Left-click on the cover TS4 - you will see the option "Play"

If the game created the second game folder in the Documents called 'LE" - delete it!

Edited:

If you are on the Mac it will not work for you. Try to change the language  to English or if  you  don't have this option to another one,

I don't work for EA

Message 6 of 69 (50,064 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you for responding! I tried this but had no luck. I decided to completely uninstall and reinstall.... Hope that works! 

Message 7 of 69 (50,057 Views)

★★ Novice

I have no idea why my last comment was all underlined

Message 8 of 69 (50,056 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@sazzalina123

If you are on Mac it will not work for you. Try to change the language to English or if you don't have this option to another one,

Edited:

@sazzalina123 

I have a different idea. Maybe you are already on 64 bits and the game does not start because you have outdated mods or CC?
If you have mods move mods folder to the desktop.

Message 9 of 69 (50,052 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I don't get a dropdown menu. I'm a Mac player and don't see it anywhere. I basically * up my game by downloading the damn legacy edition... I prob have to buy my whole game again...

Message 10 of 69 (53,715 Views)