Sims 4 Legacy Edition: Fail to Launch

by DeadStarN7

Original Post

Sims 4 Legacy Edition: Fail to Launch

★★ Novice

Hello, I recently updated my game on 11/18/2019 and had to download the Legacy Edition of the Sims 4 because I have a computer that can’t run the 64 bit version well. Before the update, everything was working perfectly fine, but now I can’t even load my save files. The game starts up fine and I’m able to see my Sims but when I want to load to play, I get Error Code 803 and tells me to relaunch the game. 

Don’t think it has anything to do with the mods because I still received this error even after removing them from the game. I already tried repairing the Sims 4 game itself in Origin but that didn’t work. I tried looking into this problem here but no one I’ve seen has had Error Code 803. I don’t know what that means tbh. I’ve never asked for help before because I usually am able to figure it out myself and fix any issues, but this is one that I can’t seem to figure out. Anyways, any help will be greatly appreciated! I really don’t want to lose my save files!

Message 1 of 16 (4,746 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Legacy Edition: Fail to Launch

Champion (Retired)

@DeadStarN7 

If you start a new game does that work?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 16 (4,706 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@jpkarlsenI uninstalled the Sims 4 including all the packs and reinstalled everything again, keeping my previous save files. The game works perfectly fine when I started a whole new game, but it didn’t work with my old save files unfortunately. Does that mean that those files are corrupt and would have to start over?

Message 3 of 16 (4,693 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@DeadStarN7 

If you at some point used Mods/CC in those saves they may not work with the Legacy edition.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 4 of 16 (4,687 Views)

★★ Novice
@jpkarlsen Yes, I’ve used CC/Mods with my previous save files. What I ended up doing is saving the household to the gallery without any CC since I removed all my CC/Mods before reinstalling the game again. I was able to load and play that household. I think that was the only way around it since I can’t use my old save files any more.
Message 5 of 16 (4,677 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@DeadStarN7 i have the excact same problem ... im trying to find out what is happening with ea support but nothing works ... i havent tried uninstalling the game tbh ... i guess ill try :/
Message 6 of 16 (4,615 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Don't put any 1.58 mods in with the legacy edition.

It seems legacy is at 1.56 so that's the mod level you need to use when putting in mods. 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 16 (4,609 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@crinrict what is 1.56 mod ??
i dont have any mods i only have cc but i want to know
Message 8 of 16 (4,593 Views)

★★★ Newbie

If you open the 64-bit and set the settings to the lowest settings poor picture quality and all that then your game will open just fine it will look weird but it will open.

Message 9 of 16 (4,579 Views)

Hero
@nikoletast04 A mod is something that changes the game play. So for example a mod that changes an interaction to be non-autonomous when it was before, that would be a mod.

CC is anything hair, objects, clothing, that type of thing.

1.56 just would be the patch version the legacy seems to work.

So a mod written for 1.58 (DU patch) might cause issues if you run it on 1.56.

The same can be true for cc if you use anything that needed to be updated for the uni.

If you use any cc, it's best to try if your game launches without anything in your mods folder. If it does, then it's something in there. If it doesn't, it's a different issue.

Do you also get an error message ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 10 of 16 (4,570 Views)