Sims 4 Launches, Crashes Seconds Later

by KuroTintedHeart

Original Post

Sims 4 Launches, Crashes Seconds Later

★★★ Newbie

"Crashes" isn't really the right word. More like... fades.  It'll appear to be working for a second, as the icon will light up as it would when a new tab opens, and Windows Task Manager will show it running. Then the icon fades back to normal and the process disappears from the list of processes. No window will ever appear.

I've tried opening it from every shortcut I can, opening it from Origin, and running it as an Admin. I've restarted my laptop twice, disabled mods, removed cc, screamed into a pillow, made sure that my laptop was running at top performance and that memory and CPU usage were both low beforehand, disabled in-game Origin, re-enabled in-game Origin, launched 32-bit and 64-bit, and clicked it over and over as fast as I could. Nothing worked. Help.

Message 1 of 5 (203 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Launches, Crashes Seconds Later

Hero

Could you post your Computer's DxDiag?

To gather a DxDiag on your computer, please follow the steps here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/HOW-TO-DxDiag-for-Sims-3-PC-Only/td-p/1049584/

You can attach the txt file to your post directly. 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 5 (191 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you, but I'd rather not post my laptop's information online. 

Message 3 of 5 (182 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@KuroTintedHeart There are many things that can (and usually does) upsets software. Usually the core operating system is stable but third party software (drivers and background processes)  tend to be less stable. Drivers (especially video drivers) are optimized to process data as fast as possible and sometimes the software does not process all data from and to various components properly. As much as we like to guess it is impossible to guess at the infinite combinations of hardware. The dxdiag show how your hardware is configured and the drivers needed by that hardware. The only thing that is unique to your computer is the computer name and that is totally useless to anyone and you can edit that out if you want. This information needs to be checked and identifies as the problem or eliminated. If you choose not to help us so we can help you I can only ask how good is your pillow?

Message 4 of 5 (176 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@KuroTintedHeart wrote:

Thank you, but I'd rather not post my laptop's information online. 

You're welcome to send me a PM with your info.

Edit out all personal info

If that won't work for you either, could you at least give us basic specs as

- Processor

- RAM

- Graphics card including driver date/version

- OS

- Hard Drive Space

If you're still not comfortable, you can also contact EA via phone or live chat and work with them directly.

Another thing I don't see on the list of things you tried is a clean boot: http://help.ea.com/en/article/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 5 (167 Views)