Sims 4 Kits not showing up...again

by TheSpaark

Original Post

Re: Sims 4 Kits not showing up...again

★★★★ Novice

I tried everything that was mentioned so I looked in my program files and it still showed Sims 4 being Origin although I uninstalled it. So just now I uninstalled my game started my launcher again and I'm installing the EA version of the game and all my pack, kits and everything is now installing. Origin is now off my computer and Sims 4 is in the EA folder with the Sims 3 game where it is suppose to be.  Others may want to try this also and it may work for them also.

Message 31 of 43 (1,260 Views)

Community Manager

Hey all, 

We are currently investigating this issue to determine the root cause, if you could share with us an EA Error Report ID, it would greatly aide us in narrowing down the specific issue occurring here Standard smile 

From inside the EA app:

1. Click the menu icon (it looks like 3 horizontal lines) in the top left corner of the app, hover over Help, then click EA Error Reporter.
  2. Choose the Type of problem you’re having.
  3. Tell us about the issue you’re having in the Description of problem box.
    • If you’re running the Error Reporter as part of your EA Help case, include your Case Number in the Support Ticket Number (Optional) box.
    • You can find your Case Number in your cases on EA Help or inside any support emails we sent you about this issue.
  4. Check the box next to Share diagnostic information when report is submitted.
  5. Click Submit report and wait for it to complete.
  6. Post your Report ID here.

Thanks!

EACade
Message 32 of 43 (1,249 Views)

My kits won't show up in game

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I've been having an issue with the two new kits where they show as owned and downloaded but they won't show up in game and the only thing it says is "restart to use". When I try to restart the game it doesn't work so I tried restarting the EA app, still no luck. I have also tried clearing the EA app's cache and repairing both the EA app and the Sims itself with no avail. Though when I repair the EA app it sets the kits to their original state as if they'd just been bought (I have to redownload them) This absolutely sucks as I've just paid about $16 just for none of the content to show up in my game...

Message 33 of 43 (1,285 Views)

Re: My kits won't show up in game

Hero (Retired)

@Bnutty553   In the EA app when you click my collection and then click the sims 4 icon and then click manage. Then click manage add-ons. The kits should be on top with a button that says download. When you click download you shouod see the download progress in the lower left of the window. When the download is complete click close and click play.

Message 34 of 43 (1,243 Views)

Re: My kits won't show up in game

@Bnutty553  I've merged your post with the master thread for this issue.  Please follow the instructions in EA_Cade's post immediately above yours to submit an error report and provide the report ID here.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 35 of 43 (1,231 Views)

★ Novice

7c71b699-45b2-4df0-b303-b0569abd6195 that's my report number, I'm having the same issue!

Message 36 of 43 (1,148 Views)

★ Novice
@EA_Cade 7c71b699-45b2-4df0-b303-b0569abd6195 that's my report number I'm having the same issue.
-thanks
Message 37 of 43 (1,147 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I have been using the EA App for a while now (was prompted to) and bought 3 kits today. It was the first purchase since using the EA App. The kits installed normally, showed as installed and owned in the EA App but did not show up in game to my annoyance.

Here is what fixed it for me:

The problem was that the kits were installed into the Sims 4 CAS Demo folder instead of the Sims 4 folder. I uninstalled the Sims 4 CAS Demo via Windows "Add or remove app". Then I redownloaded the kits in the EA App (My Collection > the three dots at the corner of the Sims 4 game > Manage Add Ons). The kits now show up in game. Standard smile

Message 38 of 43 (1,078 Views)

Re: Bathroom clutter and Simtimates not showing up in game using EA app

★ Novice

That doesn’t work 

Message 39 of 43 (899 Views)

Re: Bathroom clutter and Simtimates not showing up in game using EA app

@bzkupkake  What content are you missing?  Please list the affected packs or kits, and let me know whether the EA App shows them as owned or wants you to buy them again.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 40 of 43 (886 Views)