Sims 4 Kits not showing up...again

by TheSpaark

Original Post

Sims 4 Kits not showing up...again

★ Guide

it's getting seriously old that every time there is a new kit that drops the ea app claims its downloaded and the sims 4 says i own it but it doesn't show up as installed content in game. this has happened twice and the only reason I have switched to the ea app is that it said it was the only way i could play the games i have. otherwise i would have kept origin because BOTH TIMES origin works just fine. its ridiculous that ive spent 3 hours of life through chat with EA support and troubleshooting. this game is not cheap and its frustrating to keep having these issues. why fix something that is broken? do better. 

Message 1 of 43 (4,952 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Kits not showing up...again

★★ Guide

Here too!! Bathroom Kit is not downloading and does not appear in-game build mode, even though I purchased it.

I have the latest patch. I repaired the files and it didn't help. PC-EA APP. PT-BR

Message 2 of 43 (4,941 Views)

Bathroom clutter and Simtimates not showing up in game using EA app

★ Guide

I posted earlier about the two new kits (simtimates and bathroom clutter) not showing up in my game despite everyone claiming it was fixed. I tried clearing cache and cleaning my PC but the only thing that has worked was going back to origin. This all also happened with the pastel pop and everyday clutter kit. I would like to know where my post went. As someone who has spent thousands of dollars in this game it blows my mind that the only suggestions EA had to offer did not help. I've been forced twice to switch to the EA app but every time I've had to revert back to origin. This is old. I want answers. I would like to know if anything is being done to fix this if youre gonna keep making switch back. 

Message 3 of 43 (4,937 Views)

Re: Bathroom clutter and Simtimates not showing up in game using EA app

Hero (Retired)

@TheSpaark   The EA app is working. Release date on these packs is/eas jen 19 - time idk. Open the EA app and click library - click the Sims 4 icon. Click manage - click manage add-ons. When the packs are available they will be able to download. Click the download button - play game.  hth

Message 4 of 43 (4,915 Views)

Re: Bathroom clutter and Simtimates not showing up in game using EA app

@TheSpaark  Your original post was in the General Discussion & Feedback forum.  I don't know whether you posted there initially or the thread was moved later, but either way, I thought it probably belonged in PC tech seeing as how the EA App is currently Windows-only.  I also merged your newer post into the thread and marked it as the solution.

In case anyone else wants to reinstall Origin, you can find a download link in this post:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin-Client-Web-Technical/Downloading-and-installing-Origin-Windows-and-...

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 5 of 43 (4,893 Views)

Community Manager

Hi @TheSpaark & @ArthieLefort,

We did have an issue yesterday with downloading and accessing the two new kits- but that issue should now be resolved. 

If you're still unable to access your kits today, please be sure to let me know so we can take a look with you. 

solaire.png

Message 6 of 43 (4,846 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@EA_Solaire I am having the same issue, just purchased and downloaded the two new kits about thirty minutes ago, but they won't show up in game.l despite restarting. What should I do? 

Thanks

Message 7 of 43 (4,829 Views)

Community Manager

@FeeCurious12 

In the EA app, if you right-click The Sims game tile, go to Manage-> Manage Add-Ons, are you seeing an option there to install these kits, or are they already showing as installed? 

solaire.png

Message 8 of 43 (4,813 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same issue and the EA App says its installed

Message 9 of 43 (4,775 Views)

@DKittii  Try clearing the EA App's cache:

https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

and repair the game: open My Collection, hover over the Sims 4 icon, click the three dots, and select Repair.  Then click Sims 4, select Manage > Manage Add-ons, find the kits on the list, and see if you can download them now.

If that doesn't help, please list your current game version.  Load the game to the Main Menu, where you can choose to load a save or start a new one, and look in the lower-right area of the screen, or along the bottom.  Please list the entire version number, i.e. 1.xx.xxx.xxxx.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 10 of 43 (4,763 Views)