Re: Sims 4 Keeps Kicking Me Out

by Carlieseuss

Original Post

★★★★★ Apprentice

I have a similar problem. Mine keeps crashing after playing for 10 or more minutes. If its a holiday and I try to save it freezes. If I try to travel it freezes on the same screen.

I have run powershell and fixed errors. I have no mods or CC. I have tried repairing the game in origin, and have tried clearing the cache. I have a 32GB ram, Nvidia geforce drive on a windows surface book 3. It was working fine last week, but since the latest update have had a lot of issues.

Message 11 of 23 (579 Views)

@Carlieseuss  Please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 12 of 23 (566 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I've run the Dxdiag,

I know the surface books are a bit weird with the two processers, with the base having a nvidia and the screen having a intel. But the sims always runs through the nvidia.

I've only had problems in the last week. I have almost all the packs, but there has not been any issues at all. 

Message 13 of 23 (559 Views)

@Carlieseuss  If you haven't already, please try playing in a clean user folder.  Move the entire Sims 4 folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop, and when you launch the game, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  Don't add anything to it yet; just see whether you get the same crashes in a new save.

The errors in your dxdiag are most commonly caused by a problem with the graphics driver, so if the above doesn't help, try doing a clean uninstall and reinstall of your Nvidia driver.  Download Display Driver Uninstaller from here:

https://www.wagnardsoft.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3450

Get a fresh copy of the Nvidia driver here:

https://www.nvidia.com/Download/driverResults.aspx/172459/en-us

Next, take your computer completely offline—disable wifi and/or pull the ethernet cord—and double-click the DDU.exe.  Take note of where the file will land, and click Extract.  If it's easier, you can copy the path and then paste it into the address bar in a File Explorer window.  Open the folder and then launch Display Driver Uninstaller.exe, and you'll get a message that you're not in Safe Mode.  Click OK, then go to Options and enable Safe Mode dialog.  Here's a screenshot of what your options should look like; make sure the box in red is checked:

DDU 1.1.png

Close options, and the DDU, and then open the DDU.exe again.  For launch options, choose "Safe Mode (Recommended)," and then click Reboot to Safe Mode (you'll need your password, so find it before rebooting).  Once you login, you'll see this:

DDU 2.png

In the blue box, choose GPU, then Nvidia if it's not already showing.  Then click Clean and Restart (red box).

Once your computer has rebooted, now back in normal mode, run the driver install .exe in custom mode.  Select "perform a clean installation" and install ONLY the GPU driver and the PHYSX software.

Reboot again, go back online, and let me know whether the game crashes.

Message 14 of 23 (539 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I realised nvidia was updating to a new driver in the bg while running that dxdiag. I have attached the new results. 

I will try the other tests.

cheers

Message 15 of 23 (528 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@puzzlezaddictI have moved the folder to the desktop and played for a while from scratch. It hasn't crashed, I've tried saving during holiday events, travelling etc. No issues, although the longer I play it takes a lot longer than normal/expected to save.

Message 16 of 23 (518 Views)

@Carlieseuss  The driver in your new dxdiag is the same as in your old one, but if the errors I was looking at predate the driver update, then the suggestion to clean uninstall and reinstall the driver is likely no longer relevant.

For the longer save times, try playing while your computer is offline and let me know whether it makes a difference.  You can sign into Origin and put it in offline mode, then disable wifi before launching the game.  You won't have access to the Gallery or other online features, but the game itself should play normally.

Message 17 of 23 (492 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I played the original household as before after repairing the driver. I also moved them out of the apartment and into another place. It seems to be working a lot better now. It just takes a long time to save or travel. 

I will try it offline next time.

Message 18 of 23 (486 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict I tried setting exceptions for The Sims and Origin on Norton and now I'm able to play! Thank you so much!

Message 19 of 23 (469 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

me too and i dont have any mod, and the big problem that it wont save Frown

Message 20 of 23 (394 Views)