Sims 4 Keeps Crashing

by Daphnescal

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 Keeps Crashing

★ Novice

Whenever I wait for it to load after choosing which household to play, it always crashes to desktop like when the music stops all of a sudden and crashes to desktop and it instantly removes itself from the taskbar. I can't play the sims... what should I do? I made sure I updated all of my mods and take out the broken mods but it kept on crashing.

Message 1 of 4 (10,866 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 4 Keeps Crashing

Hero (Retired)
@Daphnescal

Most scripts mods and a lot of CC after the last patch are no longer compatible with the game. CC Showers confirmed as broken. Beds, bookcases, and showers by Peacemaker are affected by the patch, remove any bookcases or bed by him until they are fixed. Some of the CC objects from building mode probably are broken by this patch also.
MCC was updated the second time. Kawai all mods need to be updated. The same applies to UIC mod, More CAS Columns mod, Zerbu mods, Little Ms. Sim mods and so on... So if you have any mods or CC
1. Move the mods folder to the desktop.
2. Find and delete localthumbcache.package file in the game folder. Delete also all folders with the word "cache" in the name.
3 Fix the game in Origin
right-click on TS4 select the option "repair game"
4. Turn on the game to create a new, empty mods folder and check if the game is working now properly without mods
5. Check if there are new updated versions of the mods and CC you are using. (UIC and MCC there are new versions.)
Then copy from desktop your mods and CC and paste it in the new mods folder. First, paste script mods one by one every time checking if the game is OK.
Do the same with CC but if you have a lot of this, try the 50/50 method. divide your CC into smaller batches for example 50 pieces in one subfolder and check these subfolders one by one)

If it will not work try doing a factory reset as described in this post:
https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2014/09/resetting-the-game-to-factory-settings-without-reinstalling/

I don't work for EA

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (10,842 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)
@Daphnescal

Most scripts mods and a lot of CC after the last patch are no longer compatible with the game. CC Showers confirmed as broken. Beds, bookcases, and showers by Peacemaker are affected by the patch, remove any bookcases or bed by him until they are fixed. Some of the CC objects from building mode probably are broken by this patch also.
MCC was updated the second time. Kawai all mods need to be updated. The same applies to UIC mod, More CAS Columns mod, Zerbu mods, Little Ms. Sim mods and so on... So if you have any mods or CC
1. Move the mods folder to the desktop.
2. Find and delete localthumbcache.package file in the game folder. Delete also all folders with the word "cache" in the name.
3 Fix the game in Origin
right-click on TS4 select the option "repair game"
4. Turn on the game to create a new, empty mods folder and check if the game is working now properly without mods
5. Check if there are new updated versions of the mods and CC you are using. (UIC and MCC there are new versions.)
Then copy from desktop your mods and CC and paste it in the new mods folder. First, paste script mods one by one every time checking if the game is OK.
Do the same with CC but if you have a lot of this, try the 50/50 method. divide your CC into smaller batches for example 50 pieces in one subfolder and check these subfolders one by one)

If it will not work try doing a factory reset as described in this post:
https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2014/09/resetting-the-game-to-factory-settings-without-reinstalling/

I don't work for EA
Message 2 of 4 (10,843 Views)

★ Novice

it worked, thank you so much!

Message 3 of 4 (10,785 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

thank you sooo much my game is finally working now

Message 4 of 4 (8,995 Views)