My game keeps Freezing. No mods no CC

Message 1 of 7 (609 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Keeps Crashing

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@TheCrimonight

Check if your Windows is up to date
https://support.microsoft.com/help/4027667/windows-10-update

By the way, you can also check whether your system has any problems that may not have been shown in DxDiag
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929833/use-the-system-file-checker-tool-to-repair-missing-o...

Disconnect the internet completely and try without it.
There can run an unknown program in the background that connects to the internet and lowers FPS rate. It can be so low, that to play is near impossible.

Check if your computer is clean. A dirty ventilation system can cause the computer to overheat. The graphics card in this situation stops working and the system can turn off the game to protect the hardware.

I don't work for EA

Message 2 of 7 (595 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

So far, it appears to be working. Was able to build for 3 hours without it crashing. I'll update if it does happen in the next week.

Edit: Playing again today, in the usually manner, chatting with friends and surfing the web at the same time, and the game froze after 23 minutes.

Edit: Bump

Posts Merged by CM

Message 3 of 7 (563 Views)

Community Manager

Hi @TheCrimonight, that's not great :/ I've checked the DxDiag and there looks to be OS update issues. Can you run this System File Checker Tool from Microsoft please. The article will include steps to guide you through the process.   

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 4 of 7 (461 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Still Freezing.

Some notes. It tends to not freeze when I save often. That said, this latest freeze happened directly after saving.

There is a quick buzz that happens right as it freezes as well.

Message 5 of 7 (421 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Have clean your origin cache?

Message 6 of 7 (405 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@TheCrimonight 

Download a new graphics driver for your Nvidia card. ( GeForce GTX 970)
It is one year old. I'm sorry but I did not notice it when I watched your previous dxdiag.
link to Nvidia drivers
https://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

Message 7 of 7 (386 Views)