Re: Sims 4 keeps crashing

by darklord2396

Original Post

Sims 4 Keeps Crashing

★★ Novice

I’ve had my laptop for almost 2 years and have never had a problem playing Sims 4 until now. It doesn’t crash in build mode, manage worlds, the gallery, or in CAS. It only crashes when I’m playing the game, live mode. I don’t have any mods or CC. All drivers are up to date. I’ve tried repairing the game multiple times, I’ve tried uninstalling and reinstalling onto my laptop and onto a usb. Nothing helps. Someone please help me! I’m losing so much playing time!

Message 1 of 11 (704 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Keeps Crashing

★★ Pro

Hi @darklord2396 

First stop, check Crinricts post on troubleshooting your game.

Also the requirements for the Sims 4 to run smoothly does increase (sometimes dramatically) with packs bought. 

Spoiler

The Cats and Dogs pack was quite a large expansion and proved to be an issue for quite a lot of people, I'll give you 2 links that may help you with the requirements as they increased quite a bit for the game to run well.

Sasha

nb: If this solves your question, please mark the reply as having been the solution, so as to help others with a similar problem in the future. Standard smile
I have no connection to EA

Message 2 of 11 (693 Views)

Sims 4 keeps crashing

★★ Novice

I've had my laptop for almost 2 years now and have never had a problem playing The Sims 4 till now. It doesn't crash in build node, manage worlds, the gallery or CAS. It only crashes while im playing the game, live mode. I don't have any mods or CC. Ive tried repairing the game on Origin multiple times and that doesn't work. Ive tried uninstalling and reinstalling onto my laptop and onto a usb that i currently have the game on and that also doesn't work. Please help me. I've attached DxDiag and LastCrash.

Message 3 of 11 (704 Views)

[ Edited ]

@darklord2396  I've moved your post to the Sims 4 tech section, where you can get TS4-specific help.

Merged with your existing thread.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 11 (698 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you.

Message 5 of 11 (695 Views)

Message 6 of 11 (687 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

No, i just didn't know how to delete the other one to add the attachments.

Message 7 of 11 (668 Views)

★★ Pro

No problems, @darklord2396 is why I posted so someone could merge it for you.. Also, please note the prior post with some ideas for you to try, there's quite a few at those links.

Message 8 of 11 (643 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@darklord2396 

Your PC is well below minimum  requirements of the game. Make sure that graphics is set to low and enable Laptop mode that may make it possible to run the basegame without expansions.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 9 of 11 (625 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I can see that my laptop is not supposed to be able to run sims but I’ve been playing on it for 2 years, on all high setting and have never had a problem till recently. I just don’t understand why now it’s giving me a problem now.  @jpkarlsen 

Message 10 of 11 (617 Views)