Re: Sims 4 June update crashing

by helenagookey

Original Post

Sims 4 June update crashing

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Not sure, updated it on June 3rd
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? None
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When I try to load a saved game.
What happens when the bug occurs? The game crashes
What do you expect to see? I try to load my only saved game. On the loading page it crashes and the game exits.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.133.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Tiny Living, Backyard Stuff, Bowling, Laundry Day, Holiday Pack, Parenthood, Dine Out, City Living, Discover University, Get Together, Seasons, and Cats and Dogs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Put your sim at a university place like Drake Hall, for example, and then travel to another lot via the map
What happens when the bug occurs? The lot doesn't load or "launch", it takes me back to the screen where you can see the worlds and tells me it failed to launch and to relaunch the game
What do you expect to see? I should be able to travel to the lot without multiple unsuccessful attempts
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. It was the June 3rd patch, I still had problems when I uninstalled the mods and custom content though (I only had 6 files)

Message 1 of 7 (423 Views)

Hero
@MiaFrank98 Could you make sure you are updated to the latest patch ? There was a patch on Friday to fix the save crashes.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 7 (391 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same issues as above since 3rd June update. Have also updated for the latest patch on 6th June, but still experiencing crashes. Have repaired the game in Origin after both patches, removed all mods/CC since June 3rd update, and have also deleted cache file. Please help!

Message 3 of 7 (363 Views)

Hero
@helenagookey At what point does your game crash ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 7 (344 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Expert

@MiaFrank98  and @helenagookey  you can have a look at this thread https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/CURRENT-ISSUE-ECO-Game-crashes-when-loading-Household/td-p/917...
It seems they are aware (surprised crinrict didn't point you tothat thread, but crinrict is probably busy with all the crash reports). Hope this helps. You can click "Me too" on that thread.

Message 5 of 7 (313 Views)

Hero
@MiaFrank98 Did you have a chance to update your game ?

@helenagookey At what point does it crash for you

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 7 (283 Views)

Hero
@MiaFrank98 Moving this to tech issues for further troubleshooting and info

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 7 (242 Views)