by amlar8

Original Post

Re: Sims 4 June 2020 update Crashing PC

★★ Novice

I am having this same problem

Message 11 of 57 (2,630 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Same. Push the play button on the main menu and it closes out. I even tried repairing the game.

Message 12 of 57 (2,615 Views)

★★★ Novice

So it seems like TONS of people are having this problem. What do we do? Like is the Sim development team working on it? Does anyone know! AHHH

Message 13 of 57 (2,607 Views)

★★ Novice

Yes I have done all those thing as well I'm windows 10 so I'm restarting my computer and then trying it if not then imma wait couple days cause i dont wanna have to uninstall entire game and reinstall that some bs if I do 

Message 14 of 57 (2,585 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Yeah having same issue on Mac Catalina 10.15.05 Disappointed

Message 15 of 57 (2,571 Views)

★★ Novice

I am wondering the same thing!! Frustrating! 

Message 16 of 57 (2,571 Views)

★ Novice

I am having the same issue, and so is my sister. Both on Macbooks.

When we press the play button on the SIMS4 main menu, the whole game closes. 
I tested out creating a 'New Game' and all my mods worked, so I know it is not a mods problem. I could then use the game as normal without it crashing. 
Then I saved the game, and tried to load my normal game... and it crashed again. 

I hope EA can figure this out!!! 

Thanks.

Message 17 of 57 (2,521 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same but I'm not using Mac? I even removed mods and cleaned cache and all!

Message 18 of 57 (2,484 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I dont have CC or Mods and i still cant access my game since i updated, very frustrating 

Message 19 of 57 (2,472 Views)

★ Guide

I have 5 different saves, my oldest 2 work, and my newest one works. The other 2 do not work. I have no mods and have never used mods in Sims 4. My newest save was just to test out the game after I bought Parenthood (just last week). The two saves that don't work are saves that I used after getting Cats and Dogs. The oldest 2 saves I used after getting Seasons, those work, but I hadn't went back to those since I had bought Cats and Dogs, and Parenthood. 

One of my saves that doesn't work, really doesn't have much in it, so it's not a big deal, but I think I'll use that one to try and test things to see if anything works. But the other save that I have that doesn't work, was a rags to riches where I had built up a really nice house and a Veterinarian Clinic (at least I saved the builds before downloading the new patch, but I don't have my sim's list of skill levels written down, so that one might me lost). 

This is the first patch that has ever broke one of my saves.

Message 20 of 57 (2,401 Views)