Sims 4 June 2020 Update Broke my Save Files?

by MayEvie

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 June 2020 Update Broke my Save Files?

★★★ Novice

Ever since the new update on June 3, I can't load some of my saved games. I use a lot of CC, and I figured one of them was the issue, but removing all of them did nothing. Thus far, I've had this issue with three save files, two of which were the ones I played most recently before the update, but the third is a save I haven't touched for some time. Every other save file works fine, and I haven't had any issues during gameplay. I can't think of anything that makes these files much different from the rest, except that they might be the ones with the most CC, since all three are ones where I've been editing multiple lots at once, most of which were unoccupied. I tried clearing cache and repairing the game, but the game still crashes when I try to open those saves. I don't get any error messages or black screens. I hit play, I get the load screen, as usual, then I'm suddenly on my home screen, and origin pops up like I just quit the game normally.

Message 1 of 6 (1,279 Views)

Accepted Solution

Dot.: Sims 4 June 2020 Update Broke my Save Files?

Message 2 of 6 (1,259 Views)

All Replies

Dot.: Sims 4 June 2020 Update Broke my Save Files?

Message 2 of 6 (1,260 Views)

cannot play my saved game - just shuts down after Main Page start/play button

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Hi, 

i have read through all the threads and troubleshooting - i have already tried the following - 

DXDiag check, came back with no issues reported - saved to text file on desktop

the clean boot,

the clear caches (the keep local folder only one)

clean-up 

deactivated origin before start up 

origin repair - twice 

i do not have mods or cc's 

checked my NVIDIA updates

saved and back-up my sims 4 game files

this morning Origin did an update on my sims 4 - i can get to the home screen fine, i can even play a new game - but i cannot play my saved game (big blue arrow button to play where i left-off or from load previous game). i have worked through and followed all of the community advice but nothing has worked - is there anyway to play my saved sims game??

Every time i press play - it starts and the plumb-bob spins as normal for a few seconds but then it literally just shuts down and goes back to the my desk top. only does this with my previous saved game from yesterday - not the new game i created to use as a test, today. 

Please help Frown 

(CM: Post edited to remove attachment with personal information)

Message 3 of 6 (1,224 Views)

Re: cannot play my saved game - just shuts down after Main Page start/play butto

★★★ Newbie

I'm having a very similar problem.  I have one save file that crashes while loading. I've been playing this save file for years and am multiple generations into my family and after this last update, it crashes every time i try to load the game.  I've done all the same attempts to fix it that you have.  I even loaded much older backups i have saved and none of them will open.  I have other saves that open fine.  I don't know what to do either.

Message 4 of 6 (1,199 Views)

Re: cannot play my saved game - just shuts down after Main Page start/play butto

★ Novice
@Meryl635 - hopefully someone will be able to give us the answer!
Frown
Message 5 of 6 (1,174 Views)

Re: Sims 4 June 2020 Update Broke my Save Files?

Community Manager
Hey folks,

We're looking into this at the moment. Please join and check out the thread @kreatora linked for advise and updates on this. I'll lock this thread in the meantime.

- EA_Lanna
Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 6 of 6 (1,075 Views)