Sims 4 - Invalid Code. No one is helping with my issue. Someone please help

by WolfeNomad

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 - Invalid Code. No one is helping with my issue. Someone please help

★★★★ Novice

First of all, seems I have been left hanging out to dry, with no help whatsoever to get my problem resolved. I am not able to call on the phone due to using up nearly all of my minutes last night with one tech (I have limited minutes each month). He said someone from support would contact me via email, but seems they "dropped" the matter. When I tried to go through the contact button, the only option was to receive a call - which as stated above, I currently cannot. Please see below my issue (which I have also posted elsewhere and still not one single person is helping)

I have put in a few support tickets in regards to my game stating I need an activation code. While the techs have been trying to help (instructing me as to uninstall Sims 4 and reinstalling it, uninstall Origin and reinstalling it, updating, repair, etc. etc. etc.) I am still unable to play a game I OWN. I have put in my product code as well as a new one I was given - to no avail. The tech I talked to last night got on my game on his end and was able to launch my game and get on it - so the issue is on my end. I have not had updates on my computer. The Origin update of last week - well, I had been playing a full week with no problems (which I heard usually sets it off). The tech went through everything but we still can't find the issue. He feels that there is a conflict somewhere between Origin and EA that is not connecting correctly or conflicting with each other in regards to ownership of this game.

How can we resolve this issue? They (and I) are at our wits end. Yes, everything has been done and I also have proof I OWN the SIMS 4 (and the tech last night was able to verify it), yet I can't play the game because it needs activation? (which it was already activated and I had been playing for months). I will upload one of the pictures I have, but this issue is further than a tech issue now (note: as stated above, we have done EVERYTHING suggested/listed/requested/required)

Please, someone, help me get this fixed so I can play. I can not (and should not) have to buy another game in order to play. Even after this most recent patch update, things were fine. But all of a sudden, on Sunday, I could no longer launch my game. Picture is what I am told (and yes, we tried the product codes, but did not work).

Message 1 of 5 (5,586 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 4 - Invalid Code. No one is helping with my issue. Someone please help

★★★★ Novice

UPDATE: Use the last few minutes I had on phone and was able to get someone to help get the game going! So please close this and THANK YOU!

View in thread

Message 5 of 5 (5,549 Views)

All Replies

@WolfeNomad  I saw your earlier post in the Origin tech forum, but I didn't respond because it seemed like something for an EA community manager to handle.  I've forwarded it, and hopefully you'll get a response tomorrow.  In the meantime, please don't think that people are ignoring you.  This is the kind of issue that might not be fixable by forum volunteers, so it's probably best to leave it for EA personnel.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 5 (5,575 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Hi;

If you're working with Origin Customer Service, that's pretty much where you'd need to go in regards to issues with Invalid Code or product registration/activation issues.

I'm not sure why you were told of a connection issue between Origin and EA; it's a cloud-based server, so the game would have to come from Origin in order for you to download and play it.

You mentioned you uninstalled/reinstalled the game, and Origin; I don't see how uninstalling Sims 4 would help, considering the issue is with how Origin is recognizing your code; does the game itself even show up in your game library? I can't tell from the screenshot you've provided. If it's something with the way that Origin is reading files from a previous installation of Sims 4 or something, it could be that retained Temp files might be causing a conflict in whatever file Origin reads to get your code, but unfortunately I'm only able to speculate on that.

Have the Techs not been able to just remove the product entirely from your Origin account and re-apply it with a new code? I unfortunately can't speak for them, but at least that's what I would think would be the next troubleshooting step I'd do if I were in their shoes.

Regardless, the issue at this point more resides with how the game is being read through Origin; there's not much I can suggest as a user aside from what I've provided.

Here's hoping that Origin is able to help you going forward.

- B

Message 3 of 5 (5,573 Views)

★★★★ Novice

First of all, thank you so much for answering.

As for uninstalling the Sims and reinstalling it - that was not a tech who asked me to do it, but one of the regular workers. The Origin reinstall was with help from the tech. 

As to your mentioning "remove the product entirely from your Origin account and re-apply it with a new code", the tech last night suggested that before we hung up (because phone minutes almost gone) but no one has contacted me yet (via email) to do it nor to tell me what is going on. 

I have tried to go back through Origin, but the only contact method they have for me now is through the phone - which I no longer have any minutes left to have them call me again. The tech said he would get support to work on this, but apparently he did not follow through. He seemed so nice. Maybe he got busy.

I just don't know what to do at this point. No one is helping me get this taken care of (what you mentioned above) and Origin is not giving me an alternative contact to try to get them to help. They keep putting on the tickets that the issue has been "solved". It has not - hence why I have to keep making tickets (which - as I said, they no longer give me the option to chat online. Only give me the option to a phone call).

Message 4 of 5 (5,562 Views)

★★★★ Novice

UPDATE: Use the last few minutes I had on phone and was able to get someone to help get the game going! So please close this and THANK YOU!

Message 5 of 5 (5,550 Views)