Sims 4 Insufficient Memory

by alextheavocado

Original Post

Re: Sims 4 Insufficient Memory

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hello everyone, 

I have the same problem. Can anyone help?

I also have laptop mode turned on.

Message 21 of 116 (3,192 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Lea_Njj69

Your CPU is below minimum requirements. You also have too little available RAM.

Your Graphics drivers are 4 years old upgrading that may help a bit but the main issues are your CPU and RAM.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 22 of 116 (3,186 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Thank you! 😊
Message 23 of 116 (3,182 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I have the same problem, how can I fix it? (if it matters, I have Get Together, City Living, Cats and Dogs, Parenthood, and Outdoor Retreat. I have some CC for create a sim. The message started appearing right after I downloaded Cats and Dogs.)

Message 24 of 116 (3,163 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@mscarlet48

Cats & dogs have higher system requirements than the base game, this is why the message started when you got it. You have enough RAM on your computer, but your graphics use some of them, so all your RAM is not available for the game.

You seem to have a laptop and upgrading to more RAM is not really a thing you can do by yourself. You could contact a computer service and ask if it's possible. 

What you could try:

Update your graphics card

Close down everything else on your computer when starting the game, all unnecessary programs not needed to run your PC or the game

Worst case, try to get a refund for Cats&Dogs by contacting EA Support, or disable it in game (at your own risk)

Or buy a new computer :/

Message 25 of 116 (3,150 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@CMeki Thanks!

I tried downloading the update from the "Update your Graphics Card" link, but now my computer briefly freezes every second :/ How can I fix this?

Message 26 of 116 (3,131 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@mscarlet48

What? It freezes with the newest drivers?
Please post another dxdiag! Standard smile

Message 27 of 116 (3,120 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Message 28 of 116 (3,103 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@mscarlet48

Thanks! Does the computer freeze during the game or outside it too?

Looks like you have a good version of the graphics driver at first glance at least.

I'll read through the rest of the dxdiag tomorrow gotta go to sleep now! 23:07 here Wink

Message 29 of 116 (3,092 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@CMeki It freezes everywhere, it started happening when I reset my computer right after updating it. I haven't played the game since then, but I'd assume it freezes there too.

Message 30 of 116 (3,087 Views)