Sims 4 Instantly White Screens Then Crashes on Startup

by Zejren

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 Instantly White Screens Then Crashes on Startup

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Hopefully somebody could assist me here. I just got Sims 4 and Get to work on origin and when I try to launch it I get a white screen that stays for a good two seconds or so then immedietly closes. There's no audio or anything besides the white screen. I've tried various fixes on other forums with people having similair problems, but they were to no avail. If anybody would have any idea to help me fix it that would be great. I don't know if the Sims stores crash logs or not but I could attach them if anyone knew how to properly get them. Thank you!

Message 1 of 2 (249 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 4 Instantly White Screens Then Crashes on Startup

@Zejren  Have you tried to add any content at all to the game: mods, custom content, that sort of thing?  If you've added any files to the Sims 4 folder in Documents\Electronic Arts, please start by moving that entire folder to the desktop.  When you launch the game, a fresh copy of this folder will spawn with no content.  Don't add anything to it yet; just see whether you can get far enough to start a new save and play for a bit.

If this doesn't help, or you've never put anything in that folder, please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (204 Views)

All Replies

Re: Sims 4 Instantly White Screens Then Crashes on Startup

@Zejren  Have you tried to add any content at all to the game: mods, custom content, that sort of thing?  If you've added any files to the Sims 4 folder in Documents\Electronic Arts, please start by moving that entire folder to the desktop.  When you launch the game, a fresh copy of this folder will spawn with no content.  Don't add anything to it yet; just see whether you can get far enough to start a new save and play for a bit.

If this doesn't help, or you've never put anything in that folder, please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (205 Views)