Sims 4 Installing Wrong(?)

by volheimdallr

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 Installing Wrong(?)

★★★ Newbie

I hope I'm doing this correctly because I've never posted on this forum before, so apologies if I'm not. 

Recently I've been trying to clear up space on my C Drive where I have the Sims 4 installed. I went into Origin's settings, made it so games would install on my D Drive, and when the option came up to select where the Sims would install I chose the desired place on my D Drive. The installation itself seems like it has no issues. However, when the game is installed, not all of the file options are in its folder on my drive (save folder, mods folder with the Resource.cfg, the .ini files seem like they're in strange places, that sort of thing) and the game makes a completely separate folder in my documents folder (which if I'm not mistaken is on the C Drive?) when I start up the game. 

My question is, is this normal or have I messed something up? Does the game install in two places like that? If it doesn't, how do I fix it so it installs in the same place? I have uninstalled and installed the game multiple times at this point and deleted all the files from my documents folder and I just want to play the game. Any ideas? 

Message 1 of 4 (1,359 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 4 Installing Wrong(?)

Hero (Retired)

@volheimdallr 

By default, the game will always create the second folder of the current game in the Documents. It does not matter where the files of the installed game are.

To change this you need to move the entire Documents folder to another drive.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/74952-move-location-documents-folder-windows-10-a.html

I don't work for EA

View in thread

Message 3 of 4 (1,329 Views)

All Replies

@volheimdallr  I've moved your post to the Sims 4 tech section.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 4 (1,343 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@volheimdallr 

By default, the game will always create the second folder of the current game in the Documents. It does not matter where the files of the installed game are.

To change this you need to move the entire Documents folder to another drive.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/74952-move-location-documents-folder-windows-10-a.html

I don't work for EA

Message 3 of 4 (1,330 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same thing happened to me when I downloaded the sims 4 onto my new computer.

Once you start the game up one tome then exit the files are in the right place. 

Message 4 of 4 (1,222 Views)